I Know

The lights stream in from the window, making Xavier blink awake. He jerks up, eyes wide from falling asleep at his desk. Xavier rubs his eyes before standing up and walking towards the door. He opens it up and immediately smells and hears his pack downstairs for breakfast.

His footsteps are heard throughout the house, causing everyone to quiet down into whispers. Xavier reaches the end of the stairs and continues down the hallway into the kitchen where José, the beta, sits with a pile of waffles in front of him on his plate.

"Alpha," José takes a moment I swallow the rest o his bite before standing up, but not meeting Xavier's stare. "Good morning."

"Morning José. Any updates with the German pack?" Xavier walks over to sit at the table next to other pack members and some children. José seems to gulp at the mention of the German pack.

"Oh, uh yeah actually." He sits down scratching his head avoiding Xavier's intense stare.

"Why haven't I heard of it yet?" His voice is scarily calm. His green eyes, that hold so many stories of love and pain, narrow in on his newest Beta.

"Well when I found out, you were sleeping and it didn't sound that important." Mothers at the table go to shoo the children away. Jamie, the gamma, stays so if anything were to happen she could help. However she stays quiet and off to the side letting the two males work it out.

"I will deal with that later. What is it that you heard??" Xavier voice still is calm, which puts José on edge.

"Well, a man called back and he refused to tell me anything. Only to tell you this, 'I know she's coming back.'"

Xavier freezes before standing up so quick his chair falls backwards and crashes. He is in his office within seconds and on his phone immediately. Frantically Xavier searches for the number he wrote down yesterday when he told José to check in on the Germans. Once found, he dials. It rings

once,

Twice,

And thrice

before it is picked up.

"Hello?" A raspy voice answers with a heavy accent, however it wasn't German. It was something different, almost... ancient.

"What do you mean you know she's coming back? Who are you?" Xavier's voice trembles and his whole body shakes with anger.

"Ah... alpha Xavier. I've been awaiting your call."

"Why? Who are you?"

"Someone who is going to help you. Listen, you need to find the Dark Sorcerer from so long ago." He almost whispers.

"Why? Why the hell wont you tell me who you are?!" Xavier growl shouts.

"Because. You need him to bring back Diana, Lucifer is coming, and he's almost here."