The Seven

I awake with quick and frantic knocking and I know immediately that it's Zed. I blearily raise my head before mumbling a "come in". He jumps in, before slamming the door behind him.

"I got what I could." He says running over to me and dropping to his knees. I sit up and turn to him wiping my eyes of sleep. "It's all I could sneak." He hands me two slices of bread and four pieces of dried meat.

"Thank you Zed." I say sincerely. He nods but has a frown on his face. "What?"

"Lucifer returns today." See our dear old friend Lucy went in search for another way to find out what the journal said, but there is none.

"I know. It'll be okay." I say patting his cheek with a silly smile trying to lighten up the mood. It's been two weeks since I came down to hell. And three days since I've had to endure Lucifer's torture. Ever since Zed and I met he's taken it upon himself to make sure I survive this. Which means I eat everything he gives me, a nice room to stay in, and occasionally planning. What he can't do however, is save me from Lucifer; not without exposing himself.

"No it's not. He tortures you every single day and these last three days? My sisters taken it upon herself to hurt you. And I can't stop it." He says angry with himself.

"No. You do everything. So don't go down that road you understand me? This-" I wave at myself and the room around me. "Is because of me. I got myself here, not you."

"You did it to save those you love." He says. "No one else would do it and so you took it upon yourself to do it." He says. "Giving up on your love with Xavier."

"Of course I would give everything up to save them. It's my job." I say grabbing his hands as I stand up bringing him with me.

"You're too good." He says looking down at me before wrapping me up in his arms. I hug him back before pulling away.

"Now I'll eat this." I say grabbing the food he snuck up. If it were up to Lucifer, I would never have anything to eat, but thanks to Zed insisting I eat in order to survive I now have one meal a day; a gross soup thing. But with the help of Zed I get three meals a day. I finish the last bite right as we hear pounding feet stomping up the stairs.

"Shit." With that Zed lunges to me grabbing my hair in a way that looked rough but was actually gentle. "I'm sorry." He whispers before planting his lips all over me. I feel his grimace against my skin as I immediately start to fight.

"Diana!" My door slams open, his yell cut off by seeing Zed holding me roughly close as I struggle and fight to get away. After Zed is sure Lucifer sees my struggle, he lets go. I stumble away sending him a glare before turning around to face the Devil.

"What do you want shítface?" I growl out. Out of the corner of my eye I see Zed cringe at my choice of words. "Find anything useful?" I taunt, knowing for a fact he didn't.

"You bítch. You knew I wouldn't find anything on the journal?" His voice is filled with anger.

"Who? Lil ol' me? Knowing about the journal? Pffft, of course not." The sarcasm was practically dripping off of every word.

"You are gonna wish you never laid eyes on me when I'm done with you." He growls out stepping forward, slapping me across the face. I can't help but laugh as the sting of his ring hits my lip causing it to split open again.

"Uh, sorry to burst your bubble but I don't need torture to wish that. I mean have you seen yourself lately? Sheesh," I can't finish my insult as his hands grab my hair roughly throwing me around as he begins our descent into the dungeons. My eyes meet Zed, who looks pained to see me dragged off. Despite my situation I send him two thumbs up with a smirk I hope hides the fear and sadness in my gaze. But by the look of his strained face, I know he sees right through me.

For the next three hours I am skinned, burned, carved into, and torn into shreds, only to be healed and start again. However, as much as Lucifer tries, I don't say a word about the journal and what it says about killing him... but let's leave out the part that I can't really kill him completely.

I pant heavily, gritting my teeth to keep from screaming, that plan is ruined completely as the knife begins to carve into the skin of my stomach. I feel the scream rip through my body, my vocal chords bruising. My eyes are forced open my cold uncaring hands so I see into the cold black eyes of Lucifer.

"I love hearing you scream. It satisfies my hunger for your death. For now." He sneers down at me expecting to see fear.

"Hah, buddy. Remember last time I died?" I catch my breath. "I came back. And let me tell you something, I'll keep on keeping on. I'll always be back." At my words he growls and shoves the knife deeper; the fire of pain spreads out as I begin to convulse in severe pain only making the wound worse. He rips the knife out with a twist and bringing it up to trace the line of my jaw.

"Trust me when I say this honey; when I kill you it will be permanently." He spins around and grabs what I recognize the smell of to be gasoline. He turns back to face me with an evil grin.

"Now-" he gets cut off with a loud bang. He tilts his head over as I do; we both see Zed. "What is it?" He snaps.

"Lucifer, the rest of the Seven are here." At what Zed speaks of, Lucifer freezes before spinning towards the door and storming out.

"Zed," my voice is scratchy.

"Oh Diana." He whispers before running to me and unbuckling me from the leather straps that hold me down. "Come on." He lifts me after covering my naked body with an old blanket. I tiredly lean my head against his chest. After a few minutes I recognize the room that has housed me. He sets me down on the bed before running into the bathroom to return and helps my wounds.

About thirty minutes later I am cleaned and sitting up in bed. I look over at Zed as he worriedly rinses the bloodied rags. "Thank you." My voice croaks out. He jerks up at the sound of my voice and rushes to me to sit down next to me.

"Don't talk. You'll strain yourself." He whispers before gently pushing me back into the pillows to tuck me in.

"Zed, I need to know. Who are the Seven?"

"Diana... they're the Seven Princes of Hell." My heart stops at his words.

"So... like seven devils?" He nods at my question and I can't help it. I start to cry, this is all too much. "Zed," I sob. "I don't know if I can take them all down." My voice breaks up the words as I grip my hair angrily tugging at it before Zed's gentle arms wrap around me.

"Shh, shh, you can do this. You'll do what you're meant to do." He rocks me back and forth. As much as it comforts me it's not his arms I need, no I need Xavier. And that's exactly what I say. I begin to wail and sob his name, crying out for my loved one. "Oh Diana. My sweet Diana." He mourners as he rocks me.

"I- I ca-n't. I nee-d hi-m Z-Zed." I cry until finally it stops. Just in time too as Lucifer walks in. Zed being smart enough places his hands on my breasts and Ave in the crook of my neck.

"Still trying to woe her over?" Lucifer says cruelly.

"My charms still seem to evade her." Zed says in fake anger as I shove him off angry at him touch such a private part of me, but I know he's doing what he has to do.

"Well it doesn't matter. We will be having a ball to celebrate the Blood moon. The Seven will be here; and we will be treating them with our lovely guest." He sneers before leaving. That's when I know; all of them in one place? I can get them all at once. I can take them out... and I can go home.

"Zed." I say, briefly forgetting to chastise him on touching me. "This is it. I can take them all out." He seems to think it over before smiling.

"You have everything you need?" He asks excitedly.

"I do." My grin widens, forgetting the split. "I'll be free soon enough. And I can go home. Go home to Xavier." And that night, for the fort night in two weeks, I dream peacefully of Xavier.

~•~•~

Sorry for the long wait. But it's here 🙌🏻