Her Dance

"Well hey there pretty lady." A purring voice says with amusement. I look up from my newspaper and over to the side, my face already smiling as I look at Luke. He was all gussied up, nice tux, black bow tie, and shiny dress shoes. I stand up, heading over to help my old friend.

"Hello, Handsome." I say, eyes shining at the sweet man in front of me. "I feel under dressed compared to you." I currently had a simple black dress that fell all the way to the floor, a slit traveled up to my mid thigh. The dress hugged my curves with tight long sleeves that reached my middle finger with a fake silver ring. My silver hair stayed natural, just swaying whichever way the wind told it to.

"Oh hush now, you're hot stuff." He says guffawing at me saying such a unthinkable thing. I laugh out loud as he holds out his arm awaiting to escort me. "Now will the lovely lady allow me to take her to her ball?" He asked, bowing his head in a Princely manner.

"It will be my pleasure." I curtsy before placing my hand onto his arm gently and slowly we make our way to the lit up pack house. The news of my return was big buzz, and some Elders, who rose to power soon after I left, demanded Xavier throw me a ball and invite all the supernatural world. This was also the night he'd announce that I would be his Queen, but also make it clear that I was his equal, if not above him. That was not my idea, I was fine with just being his Luna Queen let everyone else take care of everything for bit. But, I have things to take care of. For example... Lucifer. Goody.

"Stop thinking about whatever you're thinking, you'll ge- where are you shoes?" He stops dead in his tracks looking down with genuine puzzlement.

"Uh- I don't like the feel of shoes. Three hundred years of not wearing them I guess gets to you." I say sheepishly. I look at the man who stares at my small bare feet as they try I find comfort in the green grass underneath.

Then he starts to laugh, so hard he begins to cough. "Luke! Be careful!" I say slightly panicked.

"Oh fiddle widdle. I'm fine." He says clearing his throat, and whipping his eye. I give him a play glare as he looks back at me, baby blue eyes shining.

"Fiddle widdle?" I ask tilting my head, a smile trying to break through the pout.

"Yes, its new. I quite like it; rolls off the tongue nicely." He says very proud of himself. It's my turn to laugh, I shake my head and gently pull him forward.

"Lets go before they suspect something is wrong." He nods his head in agreement before we both begin to shuffle forward. As we reach the front yard and get to the steps I begin to feel nervous. I never thought of myself as Queen material. I also never thought I'd have to present myself to a group of old supernaturals. They apparently rule over the rest of the super natural world. They take orders from Xavier but also advise him when he needs it.

When my feet his the cold marbled concrete stairs, I feel the gentle vibrations of the small orchestra Xavier had hired. To him it was like trying to make up for all the birthdays he missed. Step, by slow step, we make it to the top where a guard dressed in black with silver accents, opens the door with a deep bow directed towards me. Immediately the music hits my ears as does a gust of warm air hits my face. My eyes flutter closed before opening back up with a gentle tug from Luke. The pack house had been transformed into a gorgeous ball room. My suspicions are Patrick and some other Magic people. We walk to the edge of the stairs leading down into the dancing mass of people when chatter seems to stop. Everyone turns to look at me. I feel panic but I call to myself feel calm, I raise my head high and begin to meet anyone who would meet my own eyes. Gasps are heard throughout as Luke and I make our descent, the orchestra continues to play gracefully. Women and men everywhere look to be thrown back into Victorian times. It makes me laugh a bit, causing Luke I raise an eyebrow at me.