Death & Life

The new information swirls around my head as I stand up from the floor and send for Xavier. He walks into the office immediately, almost as if he-

"Have you been waiting out there that whole time?" I ask cocking my hip and placing both my fisted hands on either side of my raised body part.

"Uh- maybe?" His voice rises in the end making it into a question. I can't help but laugh at my mate.

"Xav, you should've rested." I say smiling up at my brooding mate.

"But you were in here alone and I was worried." He says stubbornly, crossing his arms over his chest; making all his muscle pop and bulge... not that I'm complaining.

"Well it's okay. I've read what I needed to read." I begin to walk over to him, wrapping my arms around his waist and pressing my face into his chest loving the soft firmness it has; how I feel safe with him.

"Well what was in it?" He asks kissing the top of my head.

"It was the story of all of our beginnings, and how to end Lucifer." My response, though true, isn't the whole truth. Because even though it told me how to kill Lucifer, it didn't tell me how to acquire the Moon's True Light. I step back from Xavier and run a hand through my tangled hair.

"Hey, isn't that a good thing? We know what to do now." He says with a confused smile on his face.

"Well, not exactly." Turning to him I give him a guilty shrug. "It only told me what could kill him, now how to acquire it."

"Man everyone is so cryptic." Xav says walking back to me to wrap his arms around me and breathe me in to calm himself.

"I'll have to figure it out." Determination runs through me as my words leave my mouth.

"I can help if you tell me." Xav says looking at me in all honesty.

"Look, as much as I want you to know, whoever does know will be in danger." I say stubbornly not wanting to risk Xavier.

"Oh don't you dare-" Xav is interrupted by a bored sounding knock on the door. We turn to the door to see Jamie leaning against the frame.

"Sorry to intrude on your secret meeting but," she turns to Xavier. "Your idiot Beta is about too get i up a fight with a vamp." Xavier lifts an eyebrow.

"He can handle it." He says not worried at all.

"Sure any other vamp. But not Charles Edwards." She says making Xavier stiffen.

"Shit." With that he was running out of the room growling for José. I look at Jamie with raised brows.

"Who?" Is all I ask. She shakes her head before jerking her head, motioning me over to her as she begins to walk out.

"Charles Georgian Edwards, one of the cleverest vampires to walk this earth. Born in Victorian London, turned vamp after an altercation with a group of rogue Wolves. Elder Vamp found him and changed him. Ever since he has never really liked us dogs." She finishes right as we walk out of the pack house and onto the front lawn where José stands shirtless, chest heaving, back sweating, and Charles his simply standing looking at the angry wolf with disdain.

"You really are a disappointment, I thought the most powerful Alpha's Beta would be stronger." Charles purrs with a spark in his eyes. José tenses, ready to launch himself when Xavier growls out loud.

"I gave you an order José, do not disobey." Xavier says, standing next to José, staring at the bored looking Vampire with irritation. "What do you want Charles?" Xavier spits out.