The Note

I sit in Xavier's office, pictures spread everywhere. My eyes roll over them, tears filling, as I see my friends lives. They were all peaceful, safe, and for that I am glad.

Xavier told me when I died all the rogues and hunters had vanished leaving everyone completely safe and sound. But I was still sad, because I missed everything important. Sophie's wedding, Leah's second wedding; their kids. Tyler and his wife's birth. Gabe meeting his mate. Not to mention their funerals... I had missed all of that and hurt knowing I couldn't have been there.

I was just grateful for Luke still being around. He was so sweet; he helps Xavier answer any and all my questions, along with telling stories. A tear finally fell as I looked at Sophia holding her little girl, with her mate, who's name was Jared, held her looking down at the baby with love and adoration.

A knock on the door makes me quickly wipe away the stray tear. "Come in."

"Hey love." Xavier says walking over to me. I can see the sympathy in his eyes as he kneels in front of me.

"It's so hard Xav. I thought I'd get to be there for all of this... I thought I'd get to see everything." My chin trembles as my throats tightens; I try and fight the tears.

"Oh Di, I'm sorry. This must be so hard..." he murmurs before holding out is his arms. I go into them letting the tears fall, my shoulders shake with silent sobs. It's like my heart has a knife in it.

"It hurts to breath," I say pulling back, looking wildly into Xav's face.

"Shh. You're okay it's gonna be okay." He wraps his arm around me and brings my head to his shoulder where I break. My silent sobs turn to heart wrenching cries.

"Hey, I have a note for you. It's from Tyler." Xavier says suddenly. I sit up, still my whole body trembling.

"C-can I re-read it?" I ask with hope.

"Of course. It's yours." He holds out the note, and with shaking hands I take it out of his.

I slowly unfold the paper, and in the top with gorgeous cursive letters is my name.

Diana,

I guess if you're reading this Xavier brought you back, but I'm gone. I knew Xavier would bring you back; I'd do the same for my Kate. And our twins. We have a baby girl and baby boy, there names are Rosan and Rori. They were a handful but maybe you'll get to meet them, if not them their kids. Who knows?

Either way I write to you because I wanted you to know how sorry I am for the way I treated you when you brought Patrick back. I was foolish and should've listened to you rather then challenge you. Funny thing is, my family is close friends with theirs now. I hope you can forgive me. I wanted you to know how sorry I was and am.

I write this to you on the day of Kate's funeral. She died in her sleep a couple days ago. I love her so much, and I don't believe I can live much longer. I'm already 154. Can you believe it? Alice and Alex always said I'd die at 49. It was an odd number but they were wrong! I'd rub it in their face if they were here. I know when you wake up seeing everyone gone will be terrifying but know this, we are all here with you, my alpha. You are and always will be my true alpha. We all will be with the moon Goddess watching over you as you save our families and their families, because that's who you are. A hero. An alpha. An assassin. A protector. You are Diana Sandalio. And you'll come back, you'll come back and protect everyone just as you always do without fault.

We love you Diana.
- Tyler

By the end I'm back to sobbing, my heart hurts to beat yet it continues to do so. I miss my pack. And I love them.

"I love you guys too." I say in a hoarse whisper. I fold up the paper and promise to never lose it.

"Come on Di, it's time for bed." Xavier without question picks me up bridal style and takes me to his, now our, room where I fall into the sweet arms of sleep.

~•~•~

I know it was a filler but you know, it's there.

Here's just to let you guys know: The twins (if you remember them) Alice and Alex stayed close their whole lives. Alice found her mate and started a family. Alex however found out his mate was already mated to another. Heartbroken he joined the human army and died in WW3 at age 43.

Idk why it's important but just a quick rundown of their story.