Diana

At first it was blinding... completely and utterly blinding. Going from total darkness to such a bright scene was terrifying. But then I see green, the most beautiful green ever. A green I haven't seen in who knows how long.

"Diana..." a gruff voice whispers in shocked awe. I blink a couple more times and finally focuses on the green, but the green is actually eyes. Gorgeous eyes welling with tears, eyes that belong to my mate.

"Xavier?" My voice catches, and is rough from not speaking. I swivel my head slightly and see Patrick supporting Xavier; on instinct I look for his daughter and my pack. But I see only a grassy area, with scattered white flowers sprouting.

"I knew you'd come back!" He grabs me and buries his head in the crook of my neck. I smile a little, but my brows furrow in confusion.

"Come back? Xav, where is everyone? Did you send them away?" He stills at my words. "And where are the hunters or rogues? Did you really clean all that up so quick-" I pause as I look down. "What am I wearing...?" While looking down I see Xavier still not looking at me. Slowly, I grab his face gently and lift it up. "You've... aged..." not much, but he's definitely aged.

"I'm well... 27?" Even though he says it, it sounds like a question. Patrick looks at me with sympathy.

"What is going on? How long have I been," I look down to see a moss covered rock bed with a bed of white flowers surrounding it. "Gone?" I'm scared, so scared to see how long I've been gone. A couple months I can deal with, maybe a year or two. Please, don't let it be more then two!

"Diana I'll explain everything later, right now you just need some water and food." Xavier says quietly, like he was trying to calm a frightened wild animal. I get up, holding on him as he helps me with my shaky legs. Patrick after hearing Xavier glares at him.

"If you don't tell her right now I will." He says suddenly. Xavier freezes, in turn making me stop from walking forward.

"Tell me what?" I say looking at Xavier with a frown forming on my face.

"I'll tell you later I swear." He says to me with a pleading look then turning to frown at Patrick. "We can't, not yet. She needs time to settle."

"No, she needs to know now." Patrick argues back. This makes me angry as I'm standing right here.

"She can decide for herself." I growl out, my alpha coming out with power. They both shrink back a little with wide eyes, it seems I've gotten more powerful... whoops?

"Okay, decide." Patrick says meeting my eyes, with complete honestly.

"I want to know," Patrick nods and opens his mouth about to tell me. "But," he stops mid breath. "I want to know from Xavier." I turn my head back to Xavier who I was currently using as a crutch.

"Di, please-" his eyes are begging me.

"No Xav, I need to know what you're keeping from me." I say with a stubborn glare.

"Okay, then you should probably sit down." Xavier says while helping lower me onto the soft tall grass under the moonlight. Patrick stands off to the side, looking a little sad.

"Go on. Spill." I say to Xavier while meeting his bright green eyes.

"Diana, you've been 'gone' for a long time." He starts out. I frown and speak up.

"What do you mean gone?"

"You've been, well, dead." He says quietly. I freeze at his words, that can't be right. I'm here, now...