you up?

anaya entered her bedroom from the bathroom, she had taken off all her make up and braided two long french braids on her head before getting ready for bed. she put on an simple white v neck to sleep in and a pair of black exercise shorts for comfort. she got settled into bed and began to scroll down her instagram feed, it was almost two in the morning and her eyes were heavy from a girl's night at her friend's apartment. she hearted a few pictures of girls selling fat burning tea, some sunset pictures and posted her own picture for the day.

it was a picture of her and her friends that night with the caption, "love my girls! 💕". instantly she began getting likes, mostly they were friends from spain, excited to see the type of life she was living in america. a few were the girl friends she met in venice, whether at the beach or just through mutual friends. some youtubers she was friends with liked the picture too, her friend david, elijah & liza. an unfamiliar username likes her picture, someone named codykook.

she tapped on the profile but he was private, with the bio "fuck u". she exited the profile and moved onto twitter, scrolling but getting bored and inevitably locking her phone. she set it on the bed next to her as she adjusted her pillow to head to sleep. her phone buzzed and let out a ding, signaling that she had a text.

(xxx)-xxx-xxxx: you up?

anaya: who's this?

(xxx)-xxx-xxxx: cody

(xxx)-xxx-xxxx: from the party

anaya: codykook on instagram?

(xxx)-xxx-xxxx: haha yea

c -- contact saved

anaya: what's up, cody from the party

c: nothing

c: bored

anaya: i'm heading to bed

anaya: gn :)

c: you should come over

anaya: why lmao

c: to hang out

c: i owe you a beer since i made you drop yours

anaya: nah

anaya: i'm tired

c: don't be lame

anaya: i'm not lame, i'm tired

c: sure

c: nite then

anaya: if you pay for my uber i'll go

c: cool

c: what's the address

anaya: (address)

c: they should be there in like 12 minutes

anaya: see you soon
read 1:57 am

she left her clothes on and glanced in the mirror briefly, her eyebrows were finely groomed but she still used her finger to put a few hairs back into their place.  with her purse in her hand and her charger and phone in the other, she stood outside for her uber to arrive.

c: it says arriving now

anaya: cool

the car pulled up to her apartment complex and flashed its front lights, signaling for her to get in. she hopped in the front as the driver took her to cody's house, which was only twenty or so minutes away.