it's everyday bro

jake looked hurt, no, betrayed as he saw anaya's ruffled hair and smeared lipstick. cody almost laughed at the expression on his face, but this didn't feel like a good time to make fun of him. anaya said nothing, she just watched jake's face and waited for another reaction.

"what's up, dude?" he said, looking up and down at cody.

"uh," cody said, looking at anaya then back at jake, "nothing."

"you know this is my girl, right?" the taller boy said, he examined cody like he knew him from somewhere, but he just couldn't place him.

he protectively put his arm around anaya, tugging her away from cody.

"stoppit, jp," anaya shrugged off his arm and resumed her place next to cody, "we aren't together."

"oh my god, anaya," jake scoffed, "you're such a stupid bitch! you wouldn't be shit without me putting you in my vlogs, that got you a modeling contract, and you can't even keep your tongue in your mouth?"

"you're my friend, jake. i thought that i've made that pretty fucking clear," anaya retorted, "and i've thanked you countless times for getting me that contract, don't act like i haven't."

cody just stood there as he watched them yell at each other, torn on whether or not he should jump in and diffuse the situation. he almost did until he remembered it wasn't his business, so he continued to watch the event unfold.

"you've thanked me, yeah, you have," jake agreed before gesturing to cody, "but now you're here in the bathroom with this fucking loser."

"you don't even know, cody," anaya replied, placing her hand on cody's arm protectively.

"cody?" jake looked like he was thinking for a bit before he continued his sentence, "cody ko?"

cody decided to join the conversation since his name had been brought up, "yeah."

jake threw his head back and let out an angry laugh, "wow, anaya. do you even know who this bitch is?"

"what do you mean?" anaya asked, confused.

"this kid fucking hates on me, in his shitty little youtube videos. you're not shit, dude! you don't even have half a million subs, pathetic," jake angrily spat, "you're hooking up with a hater, anaya."

"hey, fuck off," cody cut in, "you're just so goddamn easy to make fun of."

jake looked shocked that cody had spoken up. at this point partygoers had gathered around the bathroom to see what was happening. they had their cameras pulled out and trained on the situation, waiting for more drama to happen.

jake grew closer to cody, cody instinctively pushed anaya back against the wall to get her away from any violence that was about to happen. jake looked over him, their faces inches from touching. cody could smell his alcohol infested breath as he breathed heavily on his face, and he winced.

"you think you can fucking make fun of me? and take my bitch?" jake asked rhetorically, "huh?"

cody cleared his throat and replied confidently, "to be fair, i don't think she's interested in you."

with that, jake pushed his chest a little, cody almost lost his balance but caught himself.

"jake, stop," anaya said.

"no one's fucking talking to you," he said putting his hand in her face.

"leave her alone, yo," cody pushed jakes chest now, but since he was bigger, he barely budged.

"you think you're tough, huh?" he said, pushing cody again, "huh?"

he continued to push him again and again until he was almost falling into the shower behind him. no one tried to jump in, they just watched. cody tried to think what he could do. jake was taller than him and sturdier than him, but he could still take him by surprise and hit him. when jake had his arms to his side, cody took the opportunity, drawing his arm back and throwing a hard punch in jake's face. as soon as it came in contact, the nerves in his hand screamed in pain. almost as quickly as the first punch, jake hit cody, clocking him right in the eye.

cody stumbled back and was shocked about how much his face stung.

"stop right now," anaya stood inbetween them, standing up straight to make herself taller in comparison to jake, "go."

"anaya," jake said softly, a stream of blood trailing out of his nose, "you know how i feel for you."

there was no sympathy in her voice or her face as she responded, "just go."

jake pushed past the crowd that had accumulated at the door and left the party. anaya turned her attention to cody, who was sitting on the closed toilet seat. she knelt down and placed her hand on the uninjured side of his face, "you okay?"

cody nodded, ignoring the throbbing headache that had manifested on the right side of his brain, "i'll be fine. gotta stay on my grind, it's everyday, bro."