chapter ten

" they always talk about how love is the most powerful emotion, but what about the dark side of it - hate "

-

I didn't see Gessibel around for a few days, until she showed up at Luke's house at the wrong time and dressed in the wrong attire. "Is Luke here?"

"He's sleeping." I hissed and she flinched back. "He's also not into you. Give it up."

"I know what you did, Michael." She smirked and I curled my hand around the doorknob roughly.

"And just what did I do, Mrs. Potato Head?"

"You slept with him." She stuck her tongue out at me, waving around a finger in my face. "So if you pull anything, I can just tell the cops Luke's sleeping with what? A highschool student? You're so underaged!"

"If I pull anything? The only thing I'll pull is the wig off of your disgusting head. Everyone knows you have black hair naturally." I rolled my eyes and leaned back to close the door. "Stay away from Luke and keep your filthy fucking paws off my man, or I'll kick your ass."

"Oh, will you?"

"Indeed." I nodded and she raised her hand to slap me. I grabbed her wrist before her hand could hit me, and she whimpered in pain.

It didn't feel too good on my behalf, with my bruises and cuts, but I grit my teeth through it.

I pulled her close, grabbing a fistful of her hair as I pulled her ear by my mouth. "If you ever touch Luke again, in any way under any circumstances, I will beat your pathetic ass. Besides, how good do you feel about yourself knowing that you made yourself seem so desperate? Really? Forcing him into sleeping with you?"

I pushed her away and she stumbled back. "Stay away from Luke, or else. Oh, and have fun sleeping knowing you hurt an innocent man for your own selfish needs." I snapped before shutting Luke's door.

"Mikey, stop yelling and slamming doors. She isn't it worth it." Luke whined from the couch. "Come here."

"Alright." I chuckled and then walked over to the couch. I sat down and he laid his head on my lap, pulling his blanket over his chin.

"Mikey, what if we moved?" He asked me and I was silent. "Then-Then you could start over."

"Luke, you just got here-"

"Not now. Later. After you're eighteen and after what we do isn't illegal." He yawned as I played with his soft hair. "You're sixteen?"

"Seventeen, but I turn eighteen in November." I answered and he looked up at me.

"Swear?"

"Yeah..." I trailed off and he rubbed his eyes with the back of his hand.

"You graduate this year?" He asked me and I nodded my head.

"Yeah, in a month and a half."

"After your birthday, you're a legal adult. We should leave." He repeated his idea of running away and I thought about it. "I don't want people to find out about what you've done anymore than you do."

"You'd do that for me?"

"Yeah, yeah I would." He nodded as I looked at television, which had some rerun of How I Met Your Mother. "We could go anywhere. I have money in the bank."

"What do you even do?" I asked and he smiled sheepishly.

"I never told you, did I?" He laughed and I shook my head. "My friend and I worked as tour members. I played guitar and he played bass. We kinda just went on tour with celebrities to play their instruments. It paid the bills and gave up a lot to spend."