epilogue

" life is the perfect mix of getting mud on your white shoes and getting a ring inside of a white dress "

-

Flower petals were falling over our heads, gentle pinks, stainless whites, and vibrant reds falling to the grass we stood on. A piano was playing in the background, a soft and quiet melody to accompany the sound of the priest's voice.

The lace covering my arms was soft, silky almost, decorated with a beautiful floral design as it lead up to the dress I had on. It wasn't big with a mile long tail and diamonds at ever corner. It was a simple dress, tight around my waist and flowing loosely to the floor with a thin, sheer layer of glitter covering it.

I moved my eyes over the the man in front of me, who stood tall and confident, though I knew he was freaking out. He met my eyes, giving me his million dollar smile as my cheeks burned red. I looked down at the grass, and then at the priest as he spoke.

"Do you, Michael Clifford, take this man, Luke Hemmings, to be your lawfully wedded husband? To have and to hold until death do you part?" He asked and I nodded.

"I do."

Luke reached for my hand and I held it out for him, letting him slide the beautiful diamond ring on to my fourth finger. I picked up his ring, and we turned to the priest.

"And do you, Luke Hemmings, take this man, Michael Clifford, to be your lawfully wedded husband? To have and to hold until death do you part?" He asked and Luke smiled sheepishly at me.

"I-I do."

I slid the ring on to his fourth finger, my stomach twisting with nerves as we held each other's hands. "I now pronounce you husband, and husband, you may now kiss your husband."

I laughed lightly at the statement since it sounded slightly weirder than it did with 'bride', but I reached for Luke anyways. "Do that neck thing you do?" He asked and I nodded as I gently held his neck, which wasn't prickled with hairs.

He set his hands on my waist and he leaned down, pressing a kiss against my lips as people cheered and clapped. Maybe one of our friends were whistling at us like dogs, but I didn't mind.

We pulled away and we entertwined our hands, raising them up as people took photos of us. Luke kissed my cheek and I blushed as he held me close.

"We did it, baby." He whispered as we began walking back down the red carpeted aisle. "We actually made it."

"I love you so much." I whispered and he smiled.

"I love you so much too."

-

Luke laid me down on the hotel bed and I ran my hands underneath his unbuttoned dress shirt. "I guess life turned out fucking amazing after all." I grinned and he agreed.

"Who would have known that night of the fire, your mom would have taken blame for the murders?" He asked and I shrugged.

"Not me." I admitted and he pressed a kiss to my jaw. I hummed and he straddled my waist. "You're not scared of me anymore, are you?"

"We just got married, of course I'm scared of you. You're my husband." He laughed and I rolled my eyes as he smiled against my skin. "You don't think I'm irritating, do you?"

"You're my husband, of course I do." I mimicked and there was a knock on our hotel door as Luke's teeth gently bit at my skin.

"Who's that?" He asked as he got off of me.

"I don't know..." I told him, getting off of the bed as Luke buttoned his shirt back up. I went to the door and then opened it, finding two police officers. "How can I help you officers?" I asked and I backed away from the door as I saw two familiar faces behind them.

"Mum? Dad?" I asked, covering my mouth as Luke immediately stood in front of me. "What are you doing here?"

"It's our boy's wedding, we couldn't miss it." My father said, holding up a glittery white bag. "Our flight was delayed and we missed it all. I'm so sorry."

"Michael, you look so beautiful." My mum cried, tears filling her eyes as Luke set a protective arm around me. The last time we saw her, she tried to kill us, so I understood why.

"It's been seven years, four months, two weeks, and three days since I've seen you." She recalled, and I stepped away from Luke slightly. "You've grown so much, baby."

"I know." I agreed and my dad greeted Luke.

"Can I... Can I have a hug?" She asked me and I held her hands in mine. They were nimble, slightly frail, and boney. Though she's got wrinkles by her eyes and whitening hair, she's never looked more beautiful, more healthy. At least not that I can remember.

I nodded as tears filled my eyes and she immediately hugged me tightly. "I miss you so much, baby. I'm so so sorry. I promise I'm clean and sober. I went cold turkey a few months after they took you away from me." She told me and I felt tears well in my eyes as she pulled away. "You're so beautiful... I'm so sorry we couldn't be here earlier."

"At least you're here now." I whispered and she ran her fingers over my knuckles. "Are you still-"

"Yes." She sighed. "I deserve it too. I deserve a life sentence for what I did."

"I'll visit, I promise." I told her and she pushed my hair out of my face. "I was just so scared."

"You had every right to be." She smiled sadly at me and I pressed kiss against her temple.

"Come with us downstairs." Luke told them and I looked over at him. "The band hadn't left, and no one's started cleaning up yet. Party isn't over yet."

"Before that..." I chuckled and reached for my wedding ring. Luke did the same and my mum laughed while as they watched us hand each other our rings.

An officer stood between us, clearing his throat and grabbing the nearest book, which just so happened to be the Holy Bible. We all laughed and the officer looked between us.

"Do you... uh..."

"Luke Hemmings." Luke filled in and the officer nodded.

"Do you, Luke Hemmings, take this man, Michael Clifford, to be your lawfully wedded husband?" He asked and Luke did the same thing he did earlier. The same sheepish smile and nervous stutter.

"I-I do." He answered, sliding the ring on to my finger.

"Do you, Michael Clifford, take this man, Luke Hemmings, to be your lawfully wedded husband?" He asked and I nodded.

"Of course I do." I smiled, sliding the ring on to his finger. "Of course I do..." I repeated quietly and Luke grinned.

"I now pronounce you husband and uh husand, you may kiss the other husband." The officer chuckled and I held Luke's neck as I gave him a kiss.

I heard a sniffle and I looked at my mum as I rested my head on Luke's chest. "Cake?" I offered and she fanned her face.

"Let's go before I-I start sobbing." She nodded and we all laughed before heading back out.

"How fucked up is my family? Tried to kill me now they're crying on our wedding." I whispered to Luke and he shrugged.

"If you're crazy, then so am I cause' I just married into this damn family." He laughed and I nodded.

"You're mine now." I mimicked my old self, grabbing his tie and pulling him down for a kiss.

"Never wanted to be anything else." He smiled and I chuckled as we headed towards the elevator.

Ultraviolence // mukeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें