Hannah's Point of View

"I still can't believe Daddy thought their project was better than his own daughter's!"

"Relax, Hannah! Maybe it was for the best," Mia said.

Ugh. I'm so sick of her advice.

"Like, whatever. I think they, like, brainwashed Daddy or something. How else would they have won?"

"Isn't hypnosis impossible?" Mia asked.

OMG. She's so stupid! Like, why am I even friends with her?!

"Sorry, Mia! The connection at my house is cutting out! I'm losing you!" I said, crumbling a piece of paper in front of my phone, then hanging up.

It's the oldest trick in the book. Yet, Mia still fell for it!

By the way, my name's Hannah Crimson, daughter of the super successful, super rich Walter Crimson. I have long, glowing, golden-brown curls. Not the disgusting, tight, puffy curls that Elisa Lopez has. Nope. My curls are shiny, loose, soft curls that cascade down my back like a luxurious waterfall.

Unlike my brown-eyed dad, my eyes are light green. I've heard people say that I look like a snake. But I don't! I get my eyes from my mom, who died in a car crash when I was little. I don't really remember her.

My skin. Oh, my beautiful, glowing, angelic skin! It's the color of a Barbie doll's skin. Of course you know what that looks like. If you don't, you didn't have an early 2000's childhood. I mean, they still make them now, but they aren't as good as before, IMO.

Now that we've learned what I look like, it's time we get on with my part of the story. @Puppykittybunnyluv has only given me one chapter to redeem myself. I know, right! That's not a lot of time! I guess we'll make this a long chapter. Ha! Sorry I'm not sorry!

After the "incident" at the award ceremony and Loser Lopez trying to prove she's better than me by bullying and blocking me online, I'm no longer the queen of the school. At least Laura, Mia, Kate, and Damian still have my back. That's right! My own Daddy doesn't care for me anymore! Ugh!

Oh yeah! I forgot to tell you about my boyfriend! Damian Robertson is the sweetest, kindest, most loyal boyfriend there is! Heck, he even came up with the ship name "Hamian"! I know, it's so cute! The best thing about dating him is that I get to make Elisa so jealous. I know she's had a crush on him since, like, the beginning of time! Like, who wouldn't?

Damian has dark brown hair, tan skin, chocolate brown eyes, and freckles. He totally makes me look much prettier than I already am! Sigh. He really pays attention to my needs. He's such a gentleman! If only he would say something mean to Loser Lopez and break her heart... Anyways, I'm sure he's the one! I might be young, but I know when I've found true love.

Back to my story!

After ditching Mia, I texted Daddy. I've been doing so every day since Style Squad opened, begging him to close it! Here's my texts:

~Daddy! Answer me!!!!! 😫
~Stop promoting style squad! ITS STUPID
~CLOSE THE STUPID STORE YOULL THANK ME LATER!!!!!!
~If you loved me you'd want me to be HAPPY!!! 😡
~Remind me again why I DIDNT WIN?! Hannah Star is SO much better than style squad!

Etc, etc.

You can tell by his lack of response that he doesn't care about me! My latest text is:

~style squad is so dumb! Come on I'm your DAUGHTER and you're not responding to my texts 😟😡 please daddy!!!!!!!!!!!

I know! I'm totally desperate! Daddy just doesn't see the potential in Hannah Star. He says it's a scheme for fame. I say it's a really expensive, professional entertainment service. Fame would just be a bonus!

After I sent the text, I went out onto my large, beautiful balcony. We live in a huge mansion in a private neighborhood in Miami. It's the perfect location! School, the mall, and Daddy's work aren't that far from here. I feel like a Disney princess when I come out here. It overlooks the gorgeous lake that's smack in the middle of the neighborhood. And, of course, my balcony is full of expensive luxuries. A hot tub, stereo, and a huge TV. My room has a smoothie bar, a bed that was made for, like, royalty, another TV... you get it.

My phone starts ringing. OMG! It's Damian! "Hey, Babe! What's up? Wanna hang out?" I giggle.

"Sorry, Han. I'm busy today. How are you?"

"I'm just fine! Why are you asking?"

There's a silence Damian's line. "Umm, long story. Anyways, I just wanted to check up on you. How are you holding up? Has your dad responded yet?"

"Ugh, no! If he actually cared about me, Style Squad would be over!" I said.

Then I ranted and vented for about fifteen minutes to Damian. Like I said, he's so sweet! He listened the whole time, even when I burst into tears. I know, I'm so weak!

Damian cares for me. We've only been dating for five months now, but I think he's gonna marry me. He'll just propose now, become Mr. Crimson when we turn 18, (heck yeah, he's gonna take on my last name) use his new fortune to take down Style Squad, and we'll live a beautiful, long life together!

Best of all, Loser Lopez and the Loserettes (aka Lexi, Sandra, and Vera) will be finished! Their friendship will fall apart and they'll be so lonely! It's foolproof! My plan is foolproof!

Now, you're probably wondering why I hate Elisa Lopez so much. Not only did she rob me of my Daddy's attention and open a store, she took away my best friends.

And... she was the one who caught Damian's eye first.

That little devil came to our school in first grade. At this point, we were all still chubby munchkins of first graders. Except for me. I was a gorgeous first grader. First grade was the year that I became popular and adored. Mia, Kate, and Laura hadn't started following me around yet.

Lexi, Vera, and Sandra were in my group. I know, right! Betrayal. I'm pretty sure that they haven't even told Elisa that they used to be my best friends. Of course, I was their leader. Everyone wanted to hang out with us in the playground. Heck, we basically ruled the playground! We used to have play dates at each other's houses. Back then, Damian and I were an item, too. You know, fake dating, like all little kids. But then...

Elisa Lopez.

She arrived and literally destroyed my perfect little world. Ripping Vera, Lexi, and Sandra right out of my friendship circle with her little demonic claws. Distracting Damian with those frizzy little curls and big brown eyes. I could've sworn I saw her eyes turn red a few times. She traumatized me! Haunting my dreams with her devil horns and her little devil tail. Daddy had to pay for expensive therapy sessions because of my dreams.

Okay, I'm exaggerating. But she really did hurt my precious first grade feelings!

So, one day in September, little Lopez waltzes on in. The teacher was all like, "Class, meet Elisa! She just started school here! Now if you all would give her your warmest welcome, that'll be swell!"

And the class was all like, "HELLO ELISA!!!"

And Elisa smiled a smile that didn't have two front teeth.

However, I immediately noticed something... evil about this girl. So I whispered to Lexi, "Ew, she's weird!"

But Lexi was all like, "I think she's nice! She doesn't seem weird at all."

"Yeah, Hannah! It's not like she has cooties or anything," Vera added.

"Let's have her eat snack with us!" Sandra said.

And I was like, "Fine."

Biggest mistake of my life.

So Elisa ate her snack with us. Whatever, right?

Ugh, wrong. She charmed the pants off Sandra, Lexi, and Vera. And when she met Damian, I could immediately sense the chemistry. She had a crush on him, and Damian seemed to like her, too.

After a week, Vera, Sandra, and Lexi abandoned me to be friends with Loser Lopez. Luckily, I got Damian to not like her. "She has cooties," I said. And, of course, he believed it. First grade boys!

Since that day, all I've been thinking about is revenge on Elisa Lopez. After that, Mia, Laura, and Kate became my posse. She took my best friends away from me, and almost took my boyfriend away, too.

I'm just imagining what it's gonna be like when I tell Elisa that her friends used to be my friends. The betrayal! The anger! The broken friendship! The fall of Style Squad! Best friends forever? I think not.

Do you feel sorry for me now that you know my backstory as to why I'm so cold? What's that? You're not sorry? Well, that's got to change. Read the chapter over again. Absorb every detail into that bean-sized brain of yours. You will hate Elisa Lopez after that. Ta-ta!

A/N- that was not me talking! That was the Hannah character! If that last paragraph hurt your feelings in any way, I'm so sorry! Just remember that Hannah is one of the meanest characters I've ever written. This chapter has almost no effect on the rest of the storyline, except for the secret that Sandra, Lexi, and Vera are hiding from Elisa. That they used to be friends with Hannah. Basically, this chapter was just a side story away from the plot of Style Squad. Happy reading!