Sonja Sontin

School started in September. As soon as my friends and I entered the school building as official 8th graders, we were swarmed by excited teenagers.

"Elisa! Sandra! Lexi! Vera!"

"Look, it's the Style Squad girls!"

"OMG, I love your store!

Etc, etc.

"Whoa!" I exclaimed as a sixth grader came up to me asking for an autograph. We're not even celebrities! It's as if these girls know something that I don't know...

"Hey, hey, back off, back off!" All of the sudden, four big bodyguards came out of nowhere. I looked at my friends. They looked back with looks of surprise on their faces.

When the bodyguards chased the girls away, I asked them who they were and where they came from. "We were ordered by Mr. Walter Crimson to keep you girls safe at all times," one said.

"Okay, but why?!" Lexi exclaimed.

"Yeah, not like we're celebrities or anything," I said, crossing my arms.

The bodyguards chuckled. Then they giggled. Then they burst into laughter. "Ms Lopez, that is where you're wrong."

"What are you saying?" Sandra asked.

"You girls are all over the news! How have you not seen it?" A bodyguard asked.

"We don't watch the news!" Vera responded. I nodded in agreement.

"Wait, we're on the news?!" Lexi squealed.

The bodyguards nodded.

"Can you tell us why we're on the news?" I asked.

They shook their heads no.

"All we can do is escort you to the limousine." The bodyguards then formed a tight circle around us and walked us out of the school.

***

"Oh. My. Gosh!" Vera squealed when we got into the limo. It looked like a normal, white limousine from the outside, but the inside was something else. Everything— and I mean everything— was decorated in the bright colors of the Style Squad logo. You know:

 You know:

The seats. The floor. The ceiling! Everything was either light pink, fuchsia, pale blue, or lavender. There was a table full of snacks, a bucket of sodas, and a smoothie bar. Lexi pressed a button that made a disco ball come out of the pink ceiling. Sandra hooked her phone up to the expensive stereo system.The windows flooded the whole area with a white light. From the outside, the windows were completely reflective. You couldn't see inside.

"Holy glitter!" I exclaimed.

"I know, right?" Lexi giggled as she sat down on a cushy fuchsia seat.

"OMG, Lexi! That chair has your name embroidered on it!" Vera exclaimed, pointing above Lexi's head. Sure enough, right on the top of the chair, was Lexi embroidered in shiny gold thread.

"Ah, there are chairs for each of us! In our Style Squad colors, too!" Sandra exclaimed. She sat in the lavender chair, which was across from Lexi's. My light pink chair was next to Lexi, and Vera's pale blue chair was next to Sandra.

"You done exploring back there, girls? We need to go before those pesky students come back," a bodyguard said.

And poof. All of the sudden, dozens of girls are crowded in front of the limo. "Hey, hey, back off, back off!" The bodyguards said again.

"This is insanity!" I said.

"I really feel like a celeb right now." Vera said as she sat down with a blue smoothie in her hand. She took a sip. "Blueberry, blackberry, and banana!"

"Okay, girls, buckle up!" another bodyguard shouted. The limo started up and zoomed off. Away from the school. Away from our education.

Mami would not approve of this. Will Style Squad get in the way of school? I thought sadly.