1.0

It all feels too vivid to be considered a reality. It's one of those moments where you know you're breathing but you cannot feel the air in your lungs. Like how you're nauseous enough to want to throw up but there's nothing to vomit.

I can feel Jason grab my hand and squeeze it tightly, while the sensation of tears flowing down my face reminded me of the news that was had been said only moments ago. Before I could be aware, Jason engulfs me into a tight hug and he lets out a sob. All of it seems so surreal and it isn't comprehending.

I hear the door to the interrogation room open and Jason and I depart from our hug. I see my mom, detective Pacheco and Archie enter and I know that Emery is at school and dad at work.

My mom comes up to me and embraces me, as I let out choked sobs. Soon, Archie gets into the hug and we stay like that for a moment.

How could a human being be this cruel? I ask myself.

"Her father will be coming down tomorrow." I heard detective Pacheco say.

I see the door open revealing an officer, which meant Jason had to go back to the jail. I give him a quick hug and kisses the top of my head.

"Georgia, it's gonna be okay." I cooed, holding her in my arms. Alex played her, much like he did to me.

"No it's not." her voice cracked, breaking my heart. Her arms were wrapped so tightly around me, it almost felt like she thought I was going to disappear at any given moment.

I look down and only to see parts of her bruised calves, probably from where Alex would kick her. Her face was bloodied when she first came into my room.

Her bottom lip was busted and her right cheek was left with a fresh purple and black color. Mascara painted around her eyelids from crying.

"We are gathered here today to celebrate the life of Georgia Reese Watson." the priest announces. He stands behind an empty coffin that has a picture of Georgia on it, surrounded by lavender flowers.

I stand next to her Father, who has been crying for awhile and my heart aches for him. He had not only lost his daughter, but he had lost the last piece him and his wife once shared.

There were not many people here. My family, Luke and his friends and Georgia's father, aunt, and uncle.Most of Georgia's family passed on from cancer, suicide or accidents. When her mom committed suicide, that's when Georgia ran away.

The priest spews a load of bullshit about the wonderful life Georgia lived, leaving out the fact that she had been abused, raped and murdered. Her life was taken from her innocently and everyone is pretending she had passed in her sleep like many of would want to.

But my focus could not be anywhere else but the coffin. It makes me angry that everyone around just stands here, pretending that her body is inside of it when in reality, her body has been turned to ash.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and look up to see bright hazel eyes staring back at me. I hadn't seen Ashton since the night I came home from the hospital, as he lived in Scott County and came down every once in awhile. I put my hand over Ashton's and give him a sad smile.

As the funeral draws to an end, I find myself hugging Georgia's father and going to my mom, letting her know that I would be excusing myself from everyone.

I quickly find Luke talking with Calum, Ashton, and Michael. I do not hesitate to march over to him and drag him by the arm.

"Rem, what are you doing?" I quickly stop in my tracks and smile.

"What did you just call me?" I ask, wanting him to repeat it once more.

"I called you, Rem. Why?" he asks. My hand is still grasping the underside of his upper arm and I notice how he's already sweating even though it's February and we're in the cold.

"I like it." I meet his piercing blue eyes just to see him smiling back at me. I release my hand away from his arm.

"Are you okay?" he asks. This question always has a way of popping into my life. And I want to tell him that I am okay, but I'm not.

Alex had set fire to his hideout with both Georgia and Larissa trapped inside. Georgia, unfortunately, did not make it. Larissa was found, passed out. She currently is at the Maricopa Burn Unit in Phoenix, Arizona.

But no one knows where Alex has disappeared to and all I could assume is that I am the next target.

Love can make you do stupid things. It can get you addicted to drugs or sex. It can make you turn your back on all your friends, but I wasn't in love. I was infatuated.

I came to back to the house with the three hundred dollars I had made. I felt disgusted, violated and ashamed of the actions that had taken place hours ago.

Alex was not at the house and nor did he show to pick me up. Thankfully, Cherry had guided me back until I dismissed her when I recognized I was only a few blocks away.

I removed the outfit that seemed more revealing than a playboy bunny's, discarding it to the floor and turned the shower water on.

The scalding water tinted my skin with a bright pink and the color continued to dark with each scrub. I looked at my legs to see the bright purple and green marks that traced my thighs. I grip the loofah in my hands and began to harshly scratch it against my upper thighs. Tears prick my eyes and I could see the blood beginning to pour from my skin.

man this chapter was crap. it took forever to write as well. i fucking love this song too