Mates

My least favourite part of every werewolf story. But I'm 106% sure it's because I'm jealous of them.

1. We shall call you... Moon bitch
Moon goddess. I hate her. Plain and simple. What gives her the right to pick and choose whose destined for each other. Then force the chosen two to love each other and be horny for each other. Bitch, people are not dollies- you can't smoosh them against each other and voila! Love!

Damon ,from the alpha's scientist, is my hero! He doesn't let the bitch in the moon rule his life and tries his very best to control the bond.

2. Bully turned mate.
"Mate!" He growled looking at me, "oh shit! Mel, I'm so sorry.."
Nahhhh fam. You can't just erase every thing that happened just because you're 'mates'. How could the moon bitch be so cruel and pick a girl's abuser or bully as her mate? It's disgusting how the abuser thinks they can say sorry and every thing will be okay. It's even more disgusting when the girl forgives him so easily...
Comment from the broken mate\/

What really pisses me off is when the abuser or bully has the balls to say I love you. Oh, really? Because I'm pretty sure you hated her with passion just two minutes ago. Filth like them shouldn't sully the words I love you.

 Filth like them shouldn't sully the words I love you

^Another comment from the broken mate. You can tell I love this book A LOT.

3. What's that? You hate short brunettes? Well, tough titties cause we're mates...
You think someone whose job it is to pair up people would at least know what kind of people they're attracted to. I know that she should pick someone who will complete said wolf emotionally, regardless of looks but to that I say..rejection!!! If the moon bitch has the power too force two strangers to love each other, why the blue fuck can she not force their personalities to be compatible? When it's just the humans being low key assholes to each other I understand, but when even the bloody wolves don't agree with the pairing , you know you've fucked up.

4. What do love about me? Um, the fact that we're mates?
"I'm in love with you, Ruth!" He said, his blue orbs boring into mine.
"Uh, yeah that's great and all, and you're really fucking sexy but... I have to call bullshit!"
You can't just meet someone and in less than a day, declare your love for that person! I personally, would feel really uncomfortable, though flattered, if some stranger told me that they loved me. The uncomfortable side winning in the end. This is why I hate the concept of mates.  I think it should be the simple case of: moon bitch chooses two wolves to be horny about each other, to initiate contact with each other. Then, after spending time with said mate and learning about them and their interests, they can claim love for one another. You can feel protective over her maybe, but you can NOT meet some random girl on the street and say this is love. You do not know their life story, their triumphs, their failures, their good traits, their bad traits. You do not know how to care for them or comfort them properly because you don't know how their mind works or even just their simple likes and dislikes!
I'd like to say all they feel is sexual attraction but even that much is forced by moon bish over here.

 You do not know how to care for them or comfort them properly because you don't know how their mind works or even just their simple likes and dislikes!I'd like to say all they feel is sexual attraction but even that much is forced by moon bish ov...

5. Evolution, where you at though!
Mates, at their core element, are a weakness. Numerous books describe it as such. Without their mate they are a depressed sorry mess and with their mate they're all happy go lucky, their mate's happiness taking priority over everything and I do mean everything. When mated, wolves are extremely vulnerable, their mate's physical condition taking a toil on their own. Does evolution exist or is it because they are magical creatures. I just don't understand why the werewolf species has not evolved to work its way around this mate conundrum.