6 - A Bandage Over Her Heart

ELOQUIN RAN HER FINGERS through the grass she was laying on, running her socked feet up and down the blades as the cool wind of Autumn grazed over the healing wound on her face from the attack on the subway

ELOQUIN RAN HER FINGERS through the grass she was laying on, running her socked feet up and down the blades as the cool wind of Autumn grazed over the healing wound on her face from the attack on the subway. Eloquin was in the garden near the hospital where Harry was being treated at, along with herself. It had been a bit of a debacle getting there, with news anchors and loved ones all rushing to the scene in anguish. 

Eloquin had passed out shortly after Harry did, with the boy receiving a broken arm and heavily scarred face after broken glass had showered over them. Although Eloquin was glad he was still alive. It didn't matter if his supermodel face was ruined, as long as the solemn yet nonchalant boy she met on the subway was well, so would she be. 

She couldn't compare her own injuries to his, all Eloquin had received were a few cuts and scrapes here and there, but nothing was as alarming as Patrice storming through the hospital doors and flinging herself on top of Harry who was being wheeled into the intensive care unit on a stretcher, all while sobbing and swearing at no one in particular.

 It was a tough week for everyone, the disaster in the subway had rocked the city, new reports of the reptilian monster, now called The Lizard, began springing up all over Queens. It was supposedly a cross-species experiment gone wrong, now posing as another foe for Spider-Man. Eloquin had watched him disappear into the tunnel, his web latching onto the Lizard's hand as he was dragged away into the darkness. 

Although Spider-Man was the last thing on her mind, everyone was still reeling from the losses from the incident, Eloquin and Harry were lucky to be alive. Lifting herself up on her elbows, Eloquin limped back to her room in the hospital, giving a longing glance to the grey clouds that had gathered over the city. 

"The nurses were looking for you," Mary Jane warned as soon as Eloquin stepped through the entrance. She gave a sigh when she down at the bandage on Eloquin's arm that was soaked through with blood. "Is it just me or has it gotten worse?" She muttered, tucking her red hair behind her ear and wrapping an arm around her friend's shoulders. Eloquin gave a grateful smile as she shifted her weight off of her injured foot and let Mary Jane guide her to her room. 

Around her bed were bouquets of flowers lining the perimeter, most of them pink roses, although there was one bunch, in particular, sitting in a small vase on the silver trolley beside her bed that caught her eye. It was a bright bunch of yellow daisies, hand picked with specks of green grass falling into the water they were placed in. It was clear that they weren't bought because she had seen those same daisies in the courtyard right next to their school. 

"Who are those from?" Eloquin queried as she reached forward and plucked one from the vase. 

"Oh, those are from Peter. He came to visit you a few days ago, when you were still unconscious," Mary Jane replied simply, flicking through her script for the school production of the Wizard of Oz. "He comes in to change the water every day."