30 - Egg His Car!

"SO

"SO... IS THAT A YES?"  Peter asked, the corners of his eyes crinkling slightly. Eloquin nodded, closing the space between them and reaching forward. She held his hand in hers, rubbing her thumb against it. Her finger lightly traced a line across his cheek, before cupping it in her hand. His arm snaked around her waist and her breath hitched as he pulled her flush against him. It felt like the first time all over again. He leaned in, his heart beating wildly against his ribcage as he was about to press his lips against hers--

Beeeeeeeeeep.

A sudden beeping rang throughout Eloquin's room, forcing the two to jump apart. Eloquin looked at her laptop, her eyes widening as she realised what was on the screen. The entire screen had turned red, a warning flashing to grab attention. Panic coursed through her making her throat close up and breathing suddenly quicken. Every muscle in her body tensed as her brain screamed at them to move, to lunge at her desk and slam her laptop shut. She froze as she looked to Peter, seeing the confusion evident on his face. It was too late to close this screen now.

"Umm, Eloquin...." He began, his eyebrows furrowing as he angled his head and studied the screen. "Why are my vitals on your computer screen?"

She squeezed her eyes shut, panic washing over her as she wrung her hands together. If Peter found out what she and Mister Stark were doing, it would be over, for everyone. Eloquin popped her mouth open, lamely gaping as she came up with a viable excuse. "I-It's

for uhhhhhhhhhh... Research! Yeah, it's for a.... chemistry project!" She bit her lip and looked to him, but panicked even more when she saw he didn't buy it. "It's abouuuuut.... Chemistry... stuff. Yeah, chemistry stuff. Like suuuuper chemical, and stuff. You know?"

Peter folded his arms over his chest, narrowing his eyes. "I'm in your chemistry class Eloquin. We literally sit together, remember?" He stepped closer to the laptop, studying the screen that was filled with information about his current health. His blood pressure, his heart rate, the state of his vitals, any injuries sustained to his body at the moment... Until a little square in the corner of the screen caught his eye.

Eloquin followed his eyes, a baseball smacking her in the head when she saw what he was looking at. She lunged forward, trying to pry the laptop away from him before he could see anymore. But he simply webbed it out of her hands, staring at the box. It looked like a camera, looking right at the poster of Iron Man on Eloquin's wall... Eloquin bit her lip as panic flooded through her. Peter's face went bright red as he looked to Eloquin, his eyes wide.

"Eloquin... why is there a live feed of everything I see through the mask on your laptop!"

Crap.

"I.... uhh..." Eloquin laughed awkwardly, scratching the back of her neck as she rocked back on her heels. "Is that 'research' too?" Peter asked, putting air quotes around research. He glared at her with narrowed eyes, watching her squirm and rub her sweaty palms on her jeans. She took a deep breath, her head hanging low as she bit her lip. She had been caught now, so she might as well just tell him the truth.