11- Two Can Keep A Secret

THROUGHOUT THE LAST FEW MONTHS Peter had been running around the unsurprisingly wet streets of New York playing superhero, not one single moment was as terrifying as this one

THROUGHOUT THE LAST FEW MONTHS Peter had been running around the unsurprisingly wet streets of New York playing superhero, not one single moment was as terrifying as this one. Not when he was up against the Lizard, not when Tony Stark came into his house, not when he was fighting Captain America. 

But that all seemed to fade away as he was faced with the eternal dilemma of Eloquin Ernst.

That girl, with her loopy smile who always smelt like coffee and daisies, the girl who bit her lip when she was holding something in and the girl who confessed her love for money, now sat in front of Peter holding his most prized possession captive. His identity.

 The silence that ensued them was bone crushing, it made every cell in Peter's body burst from anticipation and nerves all at once.

"What?" Peter managed to squeak out, his eyes as wide as ever and his breathing heavy and uneven.

"I know where you've been running off to," Eloquin said, her voice steady and laced with purpose. She folded her hands neatly in her lap, her back straight and gaze calculating. It was this new thing she was practising, where she would have every inch of her body perfectly still so she would be intimidating.

And hell, she was.

Peter gulped anxiously, his eyes never leaving her's as he shook his head. Just play it cool, Parker.

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

Eloquin let out a short, condescending laugh. "Really?" She challenged, cocking an eyebrow and tilting her head to the side. Her movements got to the point where she ended up scaring herself. 

"Don't play dumb with me. I know, Peter. I know and there's nothing you can do to sway me."

Peter dropped his gaze, contemplating for a second. 

She obviously knew. Was he to just fess up before she slaughtered him with sharp glare or rush out the door and change schools? With his academic record, it couldn't possibly be that hard.

"You're always so closed off, you keep disappearing during class all the time, you have random marks on your neck... it all adds up."

Peter nodded at this, closing his eyes and bracing himself. This reminded him of a scene from a certain movie, although he couldn't pinpoint which one. It couldn't have been all that good if he didn't remember it. Eloquin gave him a piercing glare before continuing.

"I know you're having an affair with Mister Warren."

Peter's eyes snapped open, his lips parting in shock as he scrunched up his nose. "W-What?" Was the only word he could choke out, his mind swirling. Was this what she was talking about?