👑CHAPTER 3👑

As I got home, my brothers ran up to their room to play video games, as always. My dad didn't get home till later, so we basically had the house to ourselves. I pulled out my homework, listening to music as well. Hours passed, as I sat in the couch and watched Riverdale. "Colleen!" Theo yelled. I got up, groaning as I walked to the stairs.

"Yes?" I called up. "Can you get the tool box from the attic? Dad said to get it!" Sam yelled. "Why don't you do it?" I said. "Were almost done with our battle game on Call Of Duty!" Theo yelled. I groaned, moving like a zombie to the attic. Yes, the creepy room in the entire house that is normally seen in horror movies.

I always heard my dad climbing up there at night when he thought we were all 'sleeping'. I climbed up the ladder, the dust falling on me. I coughed, looking around. It was quite wide, but the tower of boxes made it feel small. I crouched down, sitting on a pillow.

The pillow didn't have dust, dad must've used this. I looked through boxes, trying to find the tool box, when my eye caught a box. I dragged it over, finding no sign of dust on it. Dad must've been here a lot.

The box was labeled as 'Veronica'. I never knew my moms name, so what if this was hers? I decided to take a look, but heard the engine of a car outside. My dad was home. I looked for the tool box fast and ran out of the attic. I placed the tool box on the table and jumped on the couch to make it seem like I was just watching tv and didn't do anything else.

"Theo! Sam! Colleen! I'm home!" My dad yelled. He got to the kitchen as I hugged him tight. "How was the first day?" He asked placing his lunch box on the table. "Different, but still new." He laughed and ruffled my hair with his greasy hands. "Dad!" I said handing him a napkin. "Sorry Col, forgot about my hands. How was the bus ride? Bumpy?"

I nodded. "Well I'm switching shifts, so I might be able to drive you. If you want." "Actually yeah. The bus does get crowded and I don't need Sam and Theo to embarrass me anymore than they already do." Sam and Theo stepped into the kitchen. "Pops! You're home!" Theo said patting dads back. "Yeah, and since this is our first day. Why don't we go out and celebrate? Pizza?"

"YES!" All three of us said. My dads eyes widened as he laughed. I put on my grey sweatshirt and pink and orange nikes. Theo and Sam just grabbed whatever they saw first. Psh, Boys. Along the way, we all sang to Van Halen, my dads favorite band. Nor me or my brothers liked them, but since we were celebrating and starting a new path, we gave it to him.

We arrived at the pizza place, Theo and Sam already running inside. "So, any new friends?" My dad asked as we walked inside. "Actually, yeah." "Really? Who? Do I know this person? Girl or boy?" We sat down at our table, my brothers already joking with each other. "Colleen has a GUY friend." Theo interrupted. "Yeah, Mendes' son." Sam added.

My dad turned to me, raising an eyebrow. "No way, Mendes' boy? His father works with me." "Shawn Mendes, yep. I guess he's my first actual friend in a long time." "He seems like a good kid. Mendes talks about his children all the time, says his boy is the same grade as you." My dad said. I nodded.

After we ordered, I didn't pay attention to what was coming next. "William?" I turned my head as a man stood there with his family. "Manuel!" My dad said getting up and hugging him. "I didn't know you were coming today." My dad said. "Me neither. But we decided maybe to spend a Thursday night out than at home. You remember my wife, Karen." "Hi, nice to meet you." My dad said shaking hands with Karen.

"Theses are my kids. My two boys, Theo and Sam. And that's Colleen." "Nice to meet you." Me and Theo said. Sam was staring into space, till Theo hit his shoulder. "Nice to meet you!" Sam said getting up fast and shaking Manuel's hand. "My kids- are not here yet. Um, I have a daughter Aaliyah, and son Shawn." I look up fast, seeing as Shawn and Aaliyah walked through the door, not paying attention.

They walked to their parents, as Theo and Sam turned to me and smirked at the same time. I hit both their shoulders, as they both said "Ow!". "Shawn, Aaliyah. This is William Patterson and his kids. I work with William." As Shawn and Aaliyah look up, Shawn sees me. For a second, we were staring at each other. I looked away, my brothers still bothering me.

"Nice to meet you Mr.Patterson." Shawn said shaking my dads hand, Aaliyah as well. "Say why don't you join us? Start of a new path." My dad said. "Oh we don't want to barge in. That was very sweet though, thank you." Karen said. "No I insist. I don't think my kids will eat that much pizza." "Yeah we will." Sam said, as I hit his ribs. "Hey!" He said.

I saw Shawn laugh a little, smiling that perfect freaking smile. "I guess then. Make it a little party!" We all asked for a table, walking to a separate room. "Fancy." Theo said. I rolled my eyes and sat down. Sam was on my right while Shawn sat on my left. "Sitting next to each other again, what a coincidence." Shawn whispered. I smiled and turned back to the table. A hand reached out to me on my left.

I turned to see Aaliyah. "Hi, I'm Aaliyah. You must be Colleen." She said. I nodded and shook her hand. "Sorry if my brother is being an idiot. He's always like that." "Aaliyah!" Shawn said. "What? I'm being honest! And just giving Colleen a heads up before you two become best friends." I laughed.

"Well Shawn is being quite the gentlemen. Unlike my brothers who are a real pain in the-" Sam put his hand across my mouth, as I swatted it away. "You already know what she's going to say. I should've brought my beeper." Sam said. "Aaliyah, Shawn. These are my idiotic brothers, Theo and Sam." "Nice to meet you." Aaliyah said. As Shawn shaked the boys hand, their eyes widened. "Hey! You're that kid who sat by my sister today! Shawn!" Theo said.

"Yeah. I saw you guys at P.E. You guys really do take football to the next level." Shawn said. "Yep, you play any sports?" "Hockey and soccer. Two of the sports I played for a while." "Cool." Both my brothers said. After we finished the pizza, I went to go pay the check.

"Mind if I join?" Shawn said. "Not at all. Although I'm getting used to us siting next to each other. I know it's going to happen again." He laughed. "Hey, can I um. Have your number? So we can talk more. Maybe hang out?" Shawn said. I felt my cheeks get red, my mouth still open and not knowing what to say. "Sure." Wow, that was a sweet move. We exchanged numbers and headed back.

"Ready to go?" My dad asked. I nodded, my phone ringing. It was a text message.

👑Shawn🙈: Hello, Best friend😉
Me: Hi😋