👑CHAPTER 17👑

As the bus pulled up by the stop sign, I immediately got and ran out of the bus. Today was not the best day of my existence, and it wasn't going to get any better. I sighed falling on my bed, not even bothering to kick my shoes off. After tossing my backpack to the side and pulling my jacket off, I got comfortable on the bed. Staring at the ceiling designs, I remember about the paper Mrs. Frankiewicz gave me.

I hadn't touched it since the whole accident. I got up and slid the backpack to me, pulling a folded yet crumbled piece of paper out. This program did sound amazing, I mean. A whole year of learning about art! And only art! This could get me my dream of being a famous artist. Anyone who was my friend, knew that I always wanted to be an artist. Only true friends know that.

"Colleen!" Theo called from his room. I got up, shuffling to him. He laid on the bed, his poor arm in a sling on his pillow. "Can I please have some orange juice?" He asked. I nodded and reached for the glass from his hands. He tried getting up, groaning in pain as he fell back down. I felt bad, looking at my brother and unable to do anything about the arm. The doctor said he needed lots of rest, which Theo never liked.

I hurried to the kitchen, pouring the juice in and running back up. The juice spilled a little, but I had to make sure Theo was okay and nothing bad happened. She stumbled in, handing him the juice. "Do you want anything else? More pillows? Food? Anything?!" I said, my voice raising with worry. His eyes were wide, but mouth shut in shock. "Chill Colleen. I can take care of myself a little." He said.

He tried siting up, failing at the attempt. "Mhmm. Yeah." I said walking over and putting my arm around his back. I hoisted him up, immediately taking a pillow and laying it behind him. Out of breath from pushing him and all his weight falling on me, I felt him sigh. I looked up at him, raising an eyebrow. "What're wrong Theodore?" I asked.

"It's just. I can't think about playing again, without having worry or fear on my shoulders. Today, I woke up with sweat all over my forehead. I had a nightmare." "Again? What was it this time?" "I just-" he rubbed his eyes, with his good arm of course. "I don't know if I want to bring myself back to that dream. I'm just going to take a nap and try to wash it all away." I nodded, a frown upon my face.

I helped Theo lay down and get him in his comfortable position. He took one last sip of his drink before knocking out on the pillow. I stayed there for a few minutes, just to make sure he was safe. He drooled in his sleep, I couldn't help but laugh at that. Theo's expression also changed at times. When he was completely normal, his face changed to anger, then to confusion, to sadness, and back to normal.

My phone rang. It was from Aaliyah:

😊🍁Aaliyah🍁💙: Ready for hot chocolate?

Oh shoot. I forgot about hanging out with her later. Sammy was supposed to be home by now. I dialed his number, stepping out of the room so I wouldn't wake Theo up. He wouldn't pick up. "Come on Sammy! Pick up!" I whispered/yelled. I sighed, pacing back and forth. "What to do?" I said. There was no choice.

I texted her:

Me: Can we cancel that day out and instead come to my house? I need to help my brother out.
😊🍁Aaliyah🍁💙: Sure! Be over in 5🙃
Me: Alrighty! See u in five

I sighed in relief, hitting my head on the door. I checked to see if Theo woke up from the sound, but he was as silent as a bunny. Minutes later, Aaliyah knocked on the door. Being as quiet as I could, I tip toed down the stairs to the door. Just as she was about to yell "hey!" I put my fingers to my lips. She was confused. "He's sleeping." I whispered. She nodded, following me inside.