👑CHAPTER 13👑

I fled from the kitchen, running out of the house. I gasped running the whole way to the park, tears stinging my eyes. Once I reached the park, I sat on the swings. As I inhaled, I burst into tears. I cried, my head in my hands as I leaned down. I screamed, loud enough for everyone to hear my cry. My whole world was falling apart, making me feel guilty.

I was scared, alone, unprotected. I couldn't breathe, I felt like I was drowning. My whole chest was beating, my legs were shaking with fear. I was having a panic attack. Every time I tried to take a deep breath, my breathing would go fast. Inhale- exhale- inhale- exhale. I would change every second, making it harder to stop my sobs. I pulled my hair, falling from the swing to my knees.

"Just kill me now world! What are you waiting for! I want this to be over!" I yelled. The clouds stayed grey, nothing happening except for the cold fog coming from my mouth as I breathed. I'm a mess. I was devastated, wreck less, depressed. I needed for this whole life to stop, that's what the universe wants, right? After sitting there for hours, I returned home.

Veronica was probably still there. Maybe even trying to get my brothers to like her. I know what you might be thinking. I thought you always wanted to meet her?! Well, now that this is all happening right after Shawn's accident, I can't help but feel angry. I almost killed Shawn because of the stupid fight and suddenly the world rewards me with my long time wish?!

How stupid is this universe? I walked inside the house, hearing silence. I got upstairs, Theo sitting on his bed with his hands in his hair. Sammy was face planted into the pillow, his hands by his side. We were all a mess. I walked inside my room, finding Veronica. Her back was turned, staring at the picture of me and Shawn. I took another step, her hearing me and turning.

"Hi." She said. I didn't know what to do now. "I know you're angry with me. I'm not staying the night, I have a hotel room." I nodded, walking over to the picture. "Who is he?" She asked. I took a shaky breath, feeling the side of the frame. "My best friend. His name is Shawn." I said. "He seems like a nice boy." I nodded.

"He is. And always will be." I said stopping myself from a sob. Veronica turned to me. "I heard about the news. I'm so sorry, sweetie." She went to hug me but I stepped aside. She was confused. "Thanks. And it's Colleen, Veronica." I walked out of my room, going to the bathroom. I washed my face a couple of time, still unsure about returning and seeing her face.

But once I stepped out of the bathroom, my room was empty. Only for the sound of voices again in the kitchen. I tippy toed downstairs, seeing my brothers there as well. I joined them, almost making them jump. "William I can't do this! The kids hate me! Especially Colleen, she called me my by first name."

Veronica said. My dad sighed. "I guess they just need a little time to adjust. I mean, Theo has his big game. Sammy's working on his football practices, and Colleen. She's going through a tough time, her best friend and all-" "Manuel's kid." "Yep." "She has a picture of him and her in her room. It's the only thing that's pops out in that room." My dad laughed.

"Colleen and Shawn are best friends. They had some fight about Colleen's abusive ex-" "Abusive? Who is this guy who dares to hurt her?" "Derek Clark, Christopher Clark's son." "Not him. He was an alcoholic since day 1 of senior year. And all the way to college." "And well, Derek took on the legacy." "Poor Shawn, shouldn't have been involved with this."

"I know. You've missed a lot these past 15 years, everything from Theo's graduation of kindergarten. Sammy's football games, and Colleen's art shows." Veronica laughed. "Our daughter is following the steps of my legacy." She said. "And she's amazing. You must see her work. Once she's cooled down." Veronica sighed. "I'm guessing that's never."