👑CHAPTER 20👑

I froze. Theo and Sammy looked back at the paper. "You messed up... this song." Sammy said. "What?" I said confused. "This song needs to be written on good paper. Not a torn up one, I can barely read." Theo handed me back the paper. I grabbed it, almost about to slap them, till my eyes went wide. "Oh sh-" "Language honey." Sammy interrupted in a girly country tone.

"This is Shawn's song. I must've switched up the papers! Oh no!" I said getting up. "What's in the other one?" Theo asked. "Something important. Something- the world did this. My bad luck IS happening," I sighed. "I said that note wasn't important. And I guess the world took it too far." I face palmed, hitting myself a few times. "Kids! Come down here." Dad called from downstairs. We ran downstairs to the kitchen, my dad petting the dog. "I see you've met him." Sammy said.

Dad chuckled, the dog barking and licking his face. "You gonna name him? I mean, a dog always needs a name. Especially if he's going to be family." We all looked up, dad smiling bright. "Wait.. we can keep him?!" Theo said in joy. "Of course. Been thinking about getting a dog, and everything that's happening now I just want to push away." We all cheered, running to the dog. "Hmm, how about Logan? Or Bailey?" Sammy asked. "Nah, needs a sporty name. Archer!" Theo said.

"What about Alex? My friend came up with that." I said. "You all need to decide fairly. I'll be working outside if you need me." He said. Once he left, we all looked at each other. "What now? We clearly have to pick a name and that seems impossible." Sammy said. "What if we each call out his name at the same time. He can pick whatever he likes." Theo said rubbing his chin with his good arm. We all got into a line, the dog in the middle. It felt as if it was a big game, which I definitely wouldn't have won with my brothers around.

"On three.. one.. two... TRES AMIGOS!" Theo yelled. "Archer! Archer boy come here!" "Logan?! Bailey?!" "Alex! Alex come to me buddy!" We all shouted, the dog not having it. He kept turning to each of us, his tongue out as he listened to us argue. After fifteen minutes of acting like dorks, we gave up. "This is freaking bogus. He's never gonna-" The dog moved before Theo could finish. "He's coming to me! Guys he's coming to me! Logan?! Or Bailey?!" Sammy yelled. But just as the dog went to Sammy, he turned.

Theo and me burst out laughing. "Sike you little bitch!" Theo said to Sammy. "You're lucky you're in that cast cause I would've beaten your ass up." Sammy said. Theo wiped a tear away. "Try me b-" The dog barked and ran to me, licking my face. "Alex is it!" I said in triumph. The boys rolled their eyes, Theo still red from laughing too hard and Sammy with his hand to his chest hurt. "How bout this. The other choices of names are his middle and last. Alexander Bailey Archer Patterson." I said.

They both nodded in agreement. I handed Alex to Sammy, Theo still struggling with his arm. I texted Anthony, Evelyn, and Ian to meet me at my house. Minutes later, Anthony and Ian arrived. "Hey! Glad you guys could make it." I said. They smiled, walking into the house. "Damn, my house ain't as clean as this one." Ian said. "Yeah well, my brothers haven't been in this room quite yet. The kitchen and upstairs though, Narnia could fit." They laughed. Alex came barking to the boys, Anthony immediately petting him.

"Got a dog? Lucky." Ian said crouching down. Alex jumped to Ian, making him laugh. "Alex! Be gentle!" I said. Anthony looked up at me. "Alex?" He said smiling. "Alexander Bailey Archer Patterson." I said. "That sounds so god like. Fancy." Ian said. Shortly after, Evelyn arrived. "Doggy!" She squealed petting him. "His name is Alex. Just got him yesterday." I said. "He's adorable! I have a golden retriever named Dawson." Evelyn hugged Alex tight.

"You guys wanna follow me to the-" "Bai- I mean Alex! Where are- hello." Sammy said entering the room. "Hey Sammy. This is Ian, Anthony, Evelyn. Of course you remember Anthony." I said. "Duh, the whole dog thing." "He's your brother?" Evelyn said. "Unfortunately." I said. "Hey! You're lucky to have a brother like mwah! And not that other lame one." "I'm right here." Theo said stepping into the room. My friends gasped, their jaws wide.

"That's- that's Theo. T-Theo P-Patterson." Ian said. Theo waved with his good arm, smiling bright. Evelyn grabbed me by the collar of my shirt. "You didn't tell me your brother was football legend Thoreau! I assumed you had the same last name because of coincidence!" My eyes went wide, Evelyn let go immediately. "Sorry bout that. BUT REALLY?!" "Sorry bout your arm by the way." Ian said. "Thanks man." "Welcome and OH MY GOSH THEO PATTERSON TALKED TO ME." Theo laughed, patting Ian's shoulder.

"OH MY GOD THEO PATTERSON HIT ME." This was getting weird so I pulled everyone away to my room. When I shut the door, I punched Ian immediately. "Hey! What-" "What the hell was that?!" I said. "Sorry, it's just. You never told us Theo was your brother." Ian said rubbing his red cheek. "Oh, right. Sorry bout that." I said. I paced back and fourth, my head feeling dizzy. "Everything okay?" Anthony asked sitting on the edge of my bed. I shook my head.

"I-I lost such an important paper. I lost a member of my family, I lost a lot!" I said. Evelyn patted my back, Ian frowning. "That's not all. Shawn's changed so much, and our friendship has grown apart." Ian put both hands on each of my shoulders. "Colleen, Shawn would never forget about you. He cares too much. You two were the OTP of our group and half the school. And I'm sure everything will turn out fine. Just have hope." I smiled.

"Thanks Ian." I said. He nodded. "Today seems like another winter day. Why don't we go sledding? It will get your mind off of a lot." Evelyn said.

"I wish but, I guess today I have an appointment with Dr. Evans." I said.

"Who's that?" Ian asked.

"A therapist. My Mom's been there before to meet with her, family drama and stuff." Anthony said.

"What sort of problem does she help with?" I asked. Anthony shrugged.

"All I've heard is, when people go in they are totally normal. But in the end, they change when they exit. Scares the hell out of me. Like for instance, I saw a family go in after my Mom finished with her appointment."

"And what happened to them after?" Evelyn asked. Anthony shrugged.

"I saw them at a super market and they looked all too different. Like, crazy different." Just the thought of being like that family put a shiver up my spine.

"Well good luck with that Col, you're going to need it." Ian said patting my back. I laughed a little, biting my lip in worry.

I know what you're thinking, Kaleigh... WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?! Yeah well, I've forgotten all about this book that I was too carried away to write. But I promise I'll try and update sooner, sorry for the wait. This chapter sucked, I'll do my best next time. Anyway, I GOT A SHAWN PERFUME!! My life is complete❤️

~Kaleigh🍁🌹