👑Chapter 22👑

Soon after Dad and my brothers had left, I ran to the attic. I searched through Dad's boxes even if it was wrong to do, trying to find a clue that will get me to find her. Wherever she is. Phone numbers, addresses, work, anything at this point.

I screamed in frustration when I found nothing, falling back and almost knocking over a shelf.

"Smart Colleen. Really smart." I said to myself. I picked myself up, continuing to search. I gave up after twenty minutes. Twenty FREAKING minutes, wow I'm a wimp. I miss Veronica, I will admit.

"I think it's time to go." I got up and slowly stepped down from the attic. It was done, over with. Veronica wasn't coming back, she hated me. I ruined my family's happiness, no one deserves me.

I sat down and leaned back at the edge of my bed, the absolute silence that I had wished for wasn't such a good idea now. In fact it was scary, helpless, unpleasant.

"I watch your troubled eyes as you rest and I fall in love with every breath. Wonder if those eyes are really shut and am I the one you're dreaming of 'Cause underneath the darkness.

There's a light that is trying so hard to be seen. And I know this, cause I'm noticed, a little bit shining through the seams," It was Shawn's voice. Oh how I missed it.

And if this is what it takes, then let me be the one to bear the pain. Oh if this is what it takes, I'll break down these walls that are in our way. If this is what it takes."

Was that a new song? I've never heard it before, which gets me wondering: Did Shawn get half his memories back? If he did, does that mean he remembers us?! My heart was doing flips as I raced to the balcony window. Shawn- he wasn't there.

But- I swore I heard him. He's still singing, but where is that sound coming from? I looked back, hearing something else.

"Battery low." I turned my head and saw it. I pulled my pillow away and discovered the blue iPod that was playing the music. I picked it up and looked at the back.

S.Mendes

Yep, definitely Shawn's. That kid seriously has to remember and bring all his belongings with him the next time he leaves somewhere or next thing you know, he leaves his phone in a ball pit at the mall.

I sat there scrolling through the iPod. Shawn had a lot of songs from different kinds of musicians. His favorite by far is Ed Sheeran (who wouldn't), John Mayer, and- whoa.

As I was scrolling through playlists, one caught my eye.

Handwritten Songs

Shawn's very own songs. I opened it to find at least sixteen fresh new ones, a great day to start. I don't know. I mean what if these are songs that Shawn's not ready for anyone to hear? Would he be mad if he found out I had listened to them all? Probably.

It might be best to put it down and-

*DING DONG*

Who could be here? The boys just left. Curious, I get up an- WAIT!

If it's Shawn, then he must be here to hang out. Or, to retrieve his things. He might think I took them! What do I do?!