Chapter 04

An Unfortunate Encounter

Sang

Sang

I knew my eyes were as big as saucers as I stared up at the intruder who had burst through my bedroom door as if he owned the place. He was already dressed for the day and his hair was styled in what I would have called a grunge look.

I wouldn't mind waking up to attractive men barging in my bedroom every day, but alas it wasn't meant to be forever. At least not in this house.

"What are you doing on the floor?" Gabriel asked me as he stood above my head as he gave me a perplexed look.

Obviously, I fell. "Lounging." I replied.

Where did they sleep anyway, I wondered. The last thing I remembered from last night was sitting between Silas and Luke on the couch while the seven of them watched the 11 o'clock local news in rapt attention. Their commentary had been amusing, but I suppose that I was too tired to be entertained for long. I wonder who brought me up to bed.

"Humans have strange habits." Gabriel brushed off my sarcasm with a tone of wonderment, but he was only distracted for a moment. I wondered if he was screwing with me. "You need to get up now Trouble, I did the best I could with the selection that I had-"

I frowned at him from my upside down spot on the floor. "That's mean."

He ignored my comment. "And none of your clothes fit you right, we'll have to go shopping later, but I laid out your outfit for the day. If you get up now I'll have time to wash and style your hair..."

"Why do I need to go shopping? I don't have any money, remember."

Gabriel crouched down beside me and pulled on my spaghetti top string. "You don't need to worry about that - you are our girlfriend, remember?"

I blushed. Oh, I remembered.

"Hair and fashion is my thing, all the others listen to my advice and do what I tell them. As for you, I need to dress up that cute little body of yours. Your current wardrobe doesn't do it justice, and you would hurt my feelings if you don't let me take care of you. Do you want to hurt my feelings?"