Chapter 11

Confessions Over Burgers

Kota

Kota

"What happened?" I rushed into the temporary hideout, Silas followed closely behind me.

The two of us had been setting up some necessary equipment elsewhere in the building, when suddenly we received messages that there was an emergency. The text was short and abrupt, which was not unlike Mr Blackbourne, but also provided coordinates for a location.

That deviant from the norm, on top of the feeling of unease that I had been feeling all afternoon put me on edge. I knew something had happened, and a thousand scenarios of what it could have been flashed through my mind. Each one worse than the last.

"What-" I began as Silas closed the door, but the words that I were going to say died in my throat as I took in the scene in front of us.

Mr Blackbourne and North stood on the other end of the small space, deep in quiet discussion. Meanwhile, Victor and Luke huddled around Nathan, who looked as if he was recovering from some sort of shock or panic attack. Gabriel was missing, but it could have been that he just had not arrived yet.

However all that paled in comparison as my focus was drawn to the most obvious thing out of place in the room. My found myself mentally agreeing with Silas' muffled curse.

Sang.

I almost tripped over my own two feet as I rushed to Dr Green's side. He sat crossed legged on the floor, with Sang limp in his arms, and his back was against the wall. He already looked exhausted. Sang's head lolled against his arm, and her legs were draped across his opposite thigh.

She was unconscious, and was pale - so very pale. What in the world had happened?

I brushed her bangs away from her face and my heart leaped to my throat from fear.

"Sang!" I could barely get the words out, but somehow managed. "What happened?" I asked out loud, hoping that someone, it didn't matter who, would answer.