Chapter 14

Stocking Up

Sang

Sang

North was alone in the kitchen when I entered the room.

I had briefly retreated to my bedroom after I heard the sound of a vehicle pulling into the driveway. After all, it wasn't every day I had plans to turn my seductive charm up full blast and interrogate a man. I had to calm my nerves before I attempted such an endeavor.

But while my bedroom was normally my place of retreat, today it was not. Because, apparently, Owen and Sean had found contentment there as well. And being in either one of their presences was far from relaxing, at least at the moment.

Sean began flirting with me the second I entered the room. I was too nervous to be very shy, and his flirting trailed off after a few moments. Then there was the judgement. I could tell from his suspicious expression that he thought that I was up to no good.

Which wasn't a fair observation. Especially since Owen sat at my desk, radiating deviance despite his stoic mask. He was writing furiously in a notebook, ignoring the two of us. Something about the whole situation seemed wrong.

So, while Sean tried to get Owen's attention, I escaped once again. I couldn't be around either one of them at the moment. At least, not until I got some answers and formed a plan of attack.

Outside of those two, and the movements in the kitchen, I had no idea where everyone else might have gone. But I hoped it had something to do with securing their lodging for the night, and for the foreseeable future. After all, they couldn't stay here.

I had no idea if Marie had any intentions on returning anytime soon. But it wouldn't be in my best interests for her to walk in on me alone and a bunch of attractive men.

Not that we would be doing anything indecent, but that would be beside the point. Even my plan for seduction had limits, and we had only been 'dating' a day.

I should be fine though. I had watched Hercules. I knew how gods worked. If I could channel my inner Megara, I should be able to succeed in getting whatever answers that I needed.