Chapter 05

A Change of Plans

Sang

Sang

"I am indeed, Pookie!" He placed my hand back into his arm and began walking towards a table where a lone man was currently sitting. I was too stunned to fight him. Why were they here, in school?

Sean continued talking as if he hadn't just come crashing into my world and changed my solitary school existence. "It was completely unfair that we didn't get to see you yesterday, but I must say that you are much more adorable in person. This is going to be so exciting!"

He just kept talking, I couldn't get a word in edgewise as he maneuvered me onto the bench and sat down on my right so close that our thighs were touching. I could imagine that every eye in the courtyard on me now, plain unpopular Sang sitting with two gorgeous guys, but the eyes that made me the most nervous were the ones of the man across from me.

I had the feeling that this particular man was probably boyfriend number nine.

Oh god, what had I done?

I bristled under his scrutiny, while the others were amazing and wonderful, this man held himself with poise, authority and perfection. I felt like a complete and utter unworthy slob next to him. I couldn't do this. He had to be Mr Blackbourne, because I could see that this was a man in charge. It would only take less than five minutes before he saw how inadequate that I was for this and would demand that everything go back to the way it was before and I would lose all of them.

Sean was still talking excitedly next to me. "...and then we can eat boxed lunches together and hold hands as we walk down the hallways. Oh, I really wanted to go to a concert, so maybe I'll take you there on a date one day and-"

Mr Blackbourne sighed and turned his eyes from me to look at Sean. "Dr G-"

"Owen! I told you, it's Sean here!" He lowered his head and spoke in a low voice near my ear. "We are deep undercover, Pookie. Our immortal lives are in jeopardy. It is imperative that you call me Sean, and you can call old stuffy over there Owen. You must use our names for the sake of secrecy and justice!"