Chapter 12

The Terms

Luke

Luke

North led the way to music room mumber three, which was, apparently, where our detention was to be held. 

He started out our journey to detention happily enough, in typical North fashion. However, I noticed that he had been looking into each classroom that we passed with an expectant expression on his face. And as we made our way further down the music hallway, he seemed to get even moodier and moodier.

Finally, I couldn't take it anymore. I was the one stuck wearing a pink skirt and fake boobs, for god's sake. What in the world did he have to get moody about? "What's up with you?"

North grunted, which was North speak for a variety of things including: 'Fuck I'm excited', 'Fuck I'm angry', and 'Oh look, a little bird'. So, obviously, that told me very little.

"Is it because you aren't wearing black?" That was literally the only thing that I could imagine.

"No." North paused in front of the door and knocked sharply. "I don't want to talk about it."

Well, ok then. Whatever.

I smoothed out the pleats of my skirt and tapped the toe of my Mary Janes on the hard floor as we waited for the door to open. Every once in a while another student would walk by, whispering. It would make me paranoid that perhaps our disguise magic had been weakened, and everyone knew that I wasn't Sang after all. However, when I would check everything seemed to be in order.

I mean, North looked almost exactly like Mr Blackbourne, after all.

The door in front of us opened, and Mr Barsotti stood at the entrance. We only knew him by appearance because, upon hearing the news that Mr Blackbourne had gotten detention, the whole group of us did research into the man who had been brave enough to do the deed.

What we had discovered was... shaky and scarce, to say the least. Come to think of it, I wondered if sending North and myself to detention in their place had been Mr Blackbourne's intention the whole time. After his background had come back, Mr Blackbourne suddenly seemed hesitant about having Sang anywhere near the teacher.