Tangle

"Tangle"

by JenLari

Hey, it's Katalina and I'll be reviewing your book of the vampire genre.

Cover: I can't really tell exactly what the picture is, but the title is readable and overall it's a nice job.

Title: Oooh, sounds intriguing, and I would click read based on it.

Summary: It's awesome! It definitely caught my attention and did an excellent job of explaining what the book would be about. Absolutely perfect.

Premise: I love this idea, and even if you hadn't requested a review I would definitely have read this.

Plot: Yes! The plot developed really well. 

Characters: Gabrielle was my favorite character. She's relatable, funny, and sweet. I felt like I could really connect with her. As for Vincent, I disliked him at first but eventually he warmed up to me haha :) You do a fantastic job at writing characters. No complaints here.

Writing Style: I like how this is written in the 3rd person POV, it suits the story well. The way that some chapters started were kind of mundane, but overall you are a wonderful writer and you're very good at details.

Step-by-Step

Chapter One: The first paragraph is adorable and pulled me in instantly. Gabrielle is so cute. I suggest making your paragraphs a bit shorter. Some of them are big walls of text that can be scary to a reader haha~ You did a great job of introducing and describing the characters. And the length of this chapter was good. Maybe you could write in a better cliffhanger though, to keep readers interested. Overall I loved it, and eagerly continued onto the next.

Chapter Two: "Gabrielle was ready to slay"~ this made me smile. And I appreciated her appropriate reaction to Vincent being all freaky with her. Way too often in stories like this, the heroine acts like the creepy possessive vampire is perfectly normal and swoon-worthy.  Nice job on the cliffhanger here!

Chapter Three: I honestly was weirded out by the Vincent character, since he thought it was okay to assault her with his mouth. But then I realized that he's an entitled vampire, and that his character would develop along the way. I felt like Gabrielle and Vincent have good chemistry, though and I love-love-loved the flashback at the end! Gosh, this is an amazing story.

OVERALL: I would definitely recommend this story to a friend. You have talent, that's for sure. The characters were captivating, the protagonist was relatable, and the plot developed smoothly. 

RATING: 7.5/10 stars.

PAYMENT

No payment required, but it'd be great if you would check out one of my works! :)

Reviewed by mangoskies_