Rotten to the Core

(Hi guys, it's admin mangoskies_ and I just have a few quick things to say before I start this review. Us admins do have lives, and we are busy people so it's really not cool to rush us. However I'm happy to say that reviews will start up again! Thanks for your patience.)

Rotten to the Core

by AmaranthineSmoke

Hey, it's Kat here and I'll be reviewing your book. Let's get to it!

Cover: I actually really like this cover. It's visually pleasing, simple, and you can read the text (but the font color is kind of drab). Nice job.

Title: Nice! Cute and catchy, and keeps me guessing about what the story will be.

Summary: The summary is nice, and I can already tell that you have a talented and humorous writing style, but it is a little bit confusing. I would definitely click read though!

Premise: The whole idea is kind of confusing at first, since there seems to be more than one main idea happening at once. I am, however, really interested in Quinn's character-- she sounds super cool! And BTW, I love your cast.

Characters: The main character seems a little one-dimensional, so maybe you can work on fleshing her out a bit more and making her more relatable-- I like her boldness though. I felt like your characters were very real and unique, so I loved that. Violet seems really cool. And the relationship between Quinn and her dad is cute.

Writing Style: In my opinion you have great talent! Witty and with few grammar mistakes, I don't have much to complain about in this category.

Step-by-Step

Chapter One: The first sentence is funny and clever. Was I hooked? Totally! I also like how the story kicks off with some action (Quinn stealing the sunglasses). I was immediately drawn into the story. Blake is relatable. Also YASS ROBIN HOOD. The only complaint I have about this chapter is that there are three breaks... that is kind of annoying. You might try writing a transition scene in between these breaks.

Chapter Two: Again, nice action scene to start. You do a good job of keeping the reader interested. LMAO the sarcastic comment about being a prostitute made me laugh. I really like the character development that goes on in this chapter, as well as some nice plot development. My impression of Quinn after reading this is -- snarky badass who has a lot of pride. Which is not necessarily bad, it makes her an interesting character and I'm eager to hear more about her soft side. & nice cliffhanger!

Chapter Three: Ah teenage boys, they can be such pigs. Kate's character is really cute so far, and you did a fantastic job of setting the scene of the school. No complaints on this chapter!

OVERALL: Your writing style is Ah-mazing! I couldn't find that many grammar mistakes. The only suggestion I have is to improve cliffhangers at the end of the chapters. Other than that, great plot development, unique characters, and a comedy element too! Love it.

RATING: 8/10 stars. Would recommend!

PAYMENT:

This was reviewed by mangoskies. I would love if you would leave a comment on my story "Wish Upon Wings". That's all! Have a great day, wonderful work, and write on!