Chapter 4

It was however Flavia who woke me up in the morning to bath and as promised I enjoyed the broth very much though I couldn't finish it. The Nonna was not pleased but she didn't say a thing. I think she realized my lack of appetite.

The rain was yet to cease. Rather seem to increase its tempo. I worried if it continued this way, I may never get to leave. But I didn't know if I wished to leave so soon.

Nonna assured me it was a normal occurrence on the Island and she wouldn't mind my company.

Afterwards, she brought me clothes to change into. Female clothes.

I was still wearing Rorick's.

It was a gown of deep red wine. "I knew it!" She exclaimed whilst adjusting and fixing creases with approving nods. 

"It suits your skin. You are very pretty, little one and am sure it won't take long before a lad steals you away". She sang.

I could think of only one lad, as she put it, stealing me.

"Nonna, where's Rorick?" my fingers immediately became quite interesting at her knowing smile.

Could she guess?

"And Artair? " I quietly added.

"You don't have to be shy lass. Rorick is a good lad and quite  handsome too, aye?" She laughed pinching my hot cheeks.

What could I say, of course he's handsome, very much so and whenever we were near each other I am aware of how my body reacted to him and it seems his also.

That thought only increased my embarrassment.

She left after informing me that both brothers were attending to some urgent matters and would be back soon. Meanwhile, she promised to send word to my old man letting him know that I was well and safe.

I haven't been with him for long but I respect him as I would my own dad and would not wish to cause him unnecessary worries.

Flavia did not return. She must be very busy.

Left to my own device, I was bored. I missed the daily short walks with the old man.

The rain was pouring in torrents and from my position at the window I barely saw far. Wonder how Rorick could be out there.

Oh my Allah!

He could catch a cold.

Then wouldn't you just love tending him?

My inert thoughts are wild but I don't think I want Rorick sick.

I wonder what my old man was up to at this moment though.

Will he be sitting silently by the hearth or mixing new remedies? 

He will be alone.

I felt a pang. The house will be as silent as the man who lived in it.

I doubt he would mind too much though.

I needed my exercise.

Though I couldn't stand for long, he always insisted I walked a little each day.

Why not go look for Flavia afterall she said I could. 

Yes. Good idea.

It wasn't such a good idea a  millennium later after I got lost.

This place isn't a manor!

My Allah!

It was a bloody castle!