Nightmare

Saul

I was abruptly woken up to frigid water and thunder. Blurriness took over my eyes and I attempted to rub the sleep from them. Goddamnit- did the ceiling cave in?! Blindly I leapt from my bed against the backwall, realizing the hole was not in the roof, but in the opposite wall. There was something there, something massive, seething in the darkness. My swords found their ways into my palms just as the entire structure trembled with a thunderous roar. Brilliant scarlet light then filled the air, and I could just make out the monstrosity before me. The tusks, the snout, the fangs... The head of an impossibly gargantuan boar. Hot breath pushed me back slightly as I crouched on the ground. The single bloody floodlight of an eye swept the room, finally resting on me.

    His breathing slowed down, but his glances grew more frantic as I slowly got up, baring my sword at the great head that had managed to fit into my home

His breathing slowed down, but his glances grew more frantic as I slowly got up, baring my sword at the great head that had managed to fit into my home. The tusks alone were taller than myself. As I took a step forward, he bristled and roared once more- opening his maw- wide enough to swallow up the second half of this building, if not the hillside. Oh hell... oh hell!