Chapter Two

Jade breathed out as she pulled away from him. She didn't have to know his name, especially tonight would adjust by itself.

"You're so beautiful," it made her narrowing her eyes. He was big and muscular, but the ring on his left hans strongly enough to turn Jade off.

"Where is she?" she asked. "Where is who?"

He reached for her hand but she refused, "Go away, tiger. I don't need a faux gentleman. Nice crotch by the way!"

She waved a goodbye with a blowing kiss from afar. Every guy cooed at her grand entrance. Sure she ran the world by herself; Stephanie only picked herself to be the sidekick--her blonde twin had never been good enough for the empire in the end--she could feel the lipstick had faded from her luscious lips.

It's time to visit the bathroom.

Little did she knew, things might've happened everytime she walked in.

When she stepped in, she found a girl dabbing her eyes. Her face was wrecked of tears. "Honey, that look isn't going anywhere,"

The girl shook her head but sobbed in front of the mirror. She slumped onto the floor, sure she knew Jade, the embarassment grew in her heart.

The Dwights became a massive part of this country. "There's nothing settled here," she murmured.

Jade strolled toward her, decided to sit down too. She never cried in her life, not once. Crying only make people vulnerable. "What's your name? I'm Jade," the girl was hella gorgeous; her eyes were striking blue.

Her features screamed sexy. "I'm Melanie. I just broke up with my boyfriend," much to Melanie's surprise besides her bad day, Jade let out a laugh--she let out a curse obviously to realize this was reality.

"Why are you laughing?" Melanie dabbed her eyes again. Jade stared at her coldly while her lips alnost turning to a smirk. "Oh honey, that's why you should've never ended up here,"

"Why?" her eyes widened.

"Cause everyone who comes here always turns out to be bad or even worse, they're not themselves anymore,"

"Funny, that's what my ex said to me," she replied.

Jade took a glimpse of Melanie's hands which were red by the palms. "Did you do it?" she quickly grabbed them and opened them widely to show hidden scars underneath. "You just did! What have you done?! Come with me, I'll make sure you're safe,"

Melanie could only stare at her sudden movement--being dragged by a girl whom she had never talked before, let alone meeting her in person, was actually exceptional.

Jade was already hired as a model. Meanwhile, Melanie hadn't graduated yet--she felt Jade's grip tightened as they both got out from the bathroom. The crowd was raving more, just as they could see the DJ enjoying the view from the stage.

"Where are you bringing me?" she shouted. "Home,"

Instead of guiding her to the exit door, Jade brought her to the VVIP sections where one of the lounges cost more than her allowance per day. There was nobody in here and Melanie couldn't be shocked more as she saw a signature written in gold over the wall.

"Is this yours?" Jade grinned excitedly; the rest of the lounge was covered in red. "Welcome home, Mel."

Jade slumped against the leather couch while still showing her excitement although the thought of bringing Melanie, whom she had met before somewhere, scared her to death deep down. Her sister would come shortly and soon the others curtsied.

"Wow, this is nice," Melanie sat across her, playing with the bottom of her black dress. "Hey, why did you cut yourself? I also don't want to know your thirteen reasons why. But cutting yourself won't help,"

"My boyfriend has been cheating on me. I never knew her name, only the initials,"

Like those old times, Jade thought. If only Mel knew what had happenes with her sister in Italy. Thankfully, Stephanie didn't know the reason behind it.

"What's your guy's name?"

Before Mel answered, someone bardged in, yanking the gold curtains from his face. His suit didn't cost as much as her allowance is. "Who's this?" Nathan had forced himself to be like Jade; rich and all-powerful attitude.

Not only Jade's father's permission to let him into the squad, but the way had Nathan's family countered on what happened with their company. Money came first.

"This is Melanie, and Melanie, this is Nathan the dick," Melanie laughed while staring at him up and down.

Nathan's whine got interrupted by the not-so-grans entrance of her twin. Melanie suddenly stood up, knowing who she was. "Who's this?" her mouth forced a tight smile, looking at the stunning figure in front of her. Even though the makeup on her face told everything, Melanie still greeted Stephanie with her eyes.

"Melanie...you didn't tell us your last name," Nathan recoiled but Stephanie interjected, "Do we have to?"

A look of confusion spread across his face. There was no way avoiding the somewhat-created tension between the twins. "You just broke up," Jade snapped, pushing Melanie onto the couch with her hand. Stephanie flashed her sour smile while kicking off her heels.

Melanie sort of nodded toward Jade, who mouthed to her, and shooting a sincere smile, "It's okay," but it soon faltered when Stephanie chose to sit far from Mel, but closer to Jade.

Just then, the music stopped and the DJ plugged in his own microphone. "Hey guys. Umm, listen up," Nathan immediately giggled when hearing it. He turned to look at Jade whose smirking playfully at Stephanie--the look on Steph's face was indescribable--he couldn't watch her breaking to pieces while Mason was around. Stephanie was always like that; she preferred crying to fixing the loathed problems.

Once again, the DJ's sweet nothings by the microphone telling everyone about once-in-the-lifetime moments didn't switch Stephanie's mood from bad to good.

Every night the DJ said something, it would practically crush her heart, with the thought of not tasting the slightest fun in this very club.

"Nathan, you should call him," Jade countered by touching his knee. She pleaded him with her eyes, but then her hand being swatted by Stephanie.

"No! Nate has nothing to do with him!"

"Call. Him." In a second, he got up and ran toward the DJ booth. Jade heard Melanie gushing over what Nathan was doing. She turned to Mel for a while before looking at her twin, "Not your business, princess. Just because my sister brought you here doesn't mean you're part of the show," Stephanie clicked her tongue, crossing her arms over the blazer.

Mason on the other side>>>❤