Chapter Four

Melanie

I had never wanted to come here in the first place. He had made me do it; had the gut and all to show up in this expensive club.

I'd rather stay at home, searching through Netflix until I found what's mine. I hated the smell of expensive perfumes here and there when I made way through the raved crowd. They cost more than my school's tuition.

I knew it's school night but James, who owned this place, had bet on me.

He threw me into his grave, one of his graves technically. James used to pick on me when we were kids, trying to make me dumb by his side. He was the goofiest of us all.

Bethany had stayed below the ground for almost seven years. It still hurt me seeing her everywhere in town--those places we used to visit the time we broke our laws. Although Lizzy, who happened to be related to James, didn't spend much time hanging out with us ever since her mind was wrecked with drugs.

Her boyfriend, Mac, had been staying in rehab along with her.

My phone kept buzzing and I tried my best to ignore it. "You gonna pick that up?" Mason asked, hand's still gripping mine, a grin was spread across his beautiful face.

I shook my head. He seemed nicer than the others. The chilly air of Boston hit us both as he tugged me closer and said, "Let me make you warm," he then lingered his arm around my waist and stood behind.

"Is this okay?"

He putted another arm around, squeezed me slowly until my breath hitched in my throat. My head was spinning like crazy.

How was i supposed to trust him? He could've wanted to kill me after this by taking a bullet in my head.

"Relax, I'm not gonna hurt you, Melanie," he seemed to feel my body getting rigid when his breath caught up my neck. Suddenly i sensed him caressing my spine down to the waist. I looked up to see his eyes glistening on mine. He was searching for something i knew that.

"You want to sleep with me," I retorted, which took him aback. The caress stopped pulling him away until a car halted in front of us.

The headlights blinked twice. This must be his car. "Come," he stepped onto the pavement, "I won't hurt you, Mel,"

I scoffed, following him to the car. The valet guy hopped down, beaming at us and recieved the tips from Mason--I could see his eyes still glazed over.

For me, besides James, I would never touch someone. Especially after James hit both of my sides with his bike; it was cruel I knew. He loved to get rough whereas he had owned me for years, including his bet on me.

Although the bet had expired two years go, I just showed him tonight that it's already done.

"Melanie?"

I gazed at Mason who was already behind the wheel. And his face wasn't the only feature that attracted me tonight. "I'm coming," i hopped in and the smell of new car struck my nose.

His Rolex reflected under the light, flashing at my eyes before he hit he road. "Where are we going?" the seabelt undoubtedly didn't work when he was turning left, "Home,"

"Last time I was told that, someone almost got killed,"

The car slowed down at a building. Chuckling to himself, he unbolted his seatbelt. "Welcome home," it caught my attention just by how fast we'd gotten here.

What a spoilt.

--------