Chapter 9

Chapter Nine

Charlie

    I stared into my dish of waffles with sausage on the side, head pounding from both lack of sleep and the encounter we had last night.

"Hello~ Charlie?" A familiar voice said. I quickly popped my head up, realizing it was my father.

"Oh, I'm sorry, what did you say?" I rubbed my eyes, waiting for his response.

"I said good morning sweetheart. What's wrong with you? Did you even sleep last night?" He took his seat across to table, waffles in hand.

"Vaguely," I quickly, well as fast as I could in this state, finished my breakfast. Slowly walking down the hallway, I made my way to my bedroom.

    There really isn't much to say about my parents, my mom works at a restaurant down the street and my dad works at the school, he has dirty blonde hair with bright blue eyes. My mom has brown hair like I do, but has eyes that are as dark as brown could possibly get. Both of them are incredibly nice like the rest of the citizens here, except they sometimes keep me from their dinner guests, forcing me to go to the donut shop with Ian, which I really don't mind.

    Reaching my room, I plopped down onto my bed, please just ten more minutes. Inching myself back up, I looked towards my window. Looking closer, I realized just how much you could see inside each other's rooms. It almost looked like that girl stalker was going to look in, creep, I quickly closed my tan curtains once again.

    I walked down the stairs with everything I needed for the day, sadly including myself. At least Friday is finally here, hopefully it'll be a fast day.

    "You leaving?" My dad asked, still in his chair from earlier. "I can bring you if you'd like."

    "Nah it's fine, I like to clear my head before school." I walked over to hug him. "See you when I get home."

    "Bye sweetie." Opening the door, I began my quest to school.

...

    Opening my locker, I stuffed all my undesired books in, including my English one. Realizing how early I got there, I began wandering the hallways like I always do when no one's there yet. With each step, I grew a stronger urge to get to Professor Campbell's room, I mean, if he's hardly in class I doubt he'd be there early. Look for pieces to the puzzle, I kept replaying in my mind as I got closer to his room. I was one corner away from the room full of secrets when I heard a loud commotion coming from that direction. Slowly peaking around it, I noticed the room was completely covered in police tape with cops surrounding it, maybe someone was listening after all.

    Turning to go find Ian, I  heard a sentence that haunts me to this day. "Thank you officers for coming here, this sort of stuff never happens here. First, a teacher loses it and then a student gets abducted, please tell me if you find him. That poor Ian kid, who knows where he is?"

    Quickly making a u-turn, I faced the owner of that last line only to find out it was the principal. All the blood rushed to my head as tears stung my eyes, no! This isn't happening, it's just a dream!

    It can't be real.