Little Black Dress

*2 weeks later*

"Storm! Storm! Oh my god! Guess what?!" I hear Aura scream as soon as I walk into school. Aura starts to leap over bags, and dodge passerby's in the hall just to reach me.

"Hi Aura, what happened?" I ask already exhausted. Aura looks at me and frowns, but then quickly shakes her head, returning to her previously happy state.

"I met him!" She squeals.

"Met who?" I ask, partly confused.

"My mate!" She screams, jumping and giggling with joy. All I do is stare.

"W-What?"

"You should get your hearing checked, I said my mate!" She smiles proudly, much calmer this time. I'm still in a state of disbelief and shock.

"I'm so happy for you! But, we're linked. Aren't we?"

"Yeah, haven't you met yours?" She asks expectantly. I shake my head no. How could this have happened? It's supposed to happen on he same day for us. Or at the most in the same month.

"Well, there are 21 days left. So pucker your lips and shake those hips!" Aura laughs.

"I guess, I'm sorry, I should be excited for you. Congrats Aura!" I smile half-heartedly and pull her into a hug, letting my fake smile fall until she releases me. "So what pack is he fro-" I start to ask when I'm cut off by a group of girls.

"We got out mates!" The whole group of girls squeal. I stare in disbelief. We have the smallest amount of people in grade 11 in the history of this school. 37 kids in total, 19 girls and 18 boys. And every girl in our grade is standing infront of us.

"No way! Me too!" Aura cries out, grinning wildly. They all start to giggle and cheer. How can every girl in my grade find their mate? But I still haven't? I close my eyes forcing the tears away. I can't cry, I won't cry. I think to myself.

I pull out my phone trying to distract myself. 9:57 my home screen reads. Perfect, a reason to escape. I re-adjust my bag and head to my class.

                                         ∞

I sit through 2 of my classes, without being called on. Which is very lucky for me because I wasn't able to concentrate on anything going on, but my own scattered thoughts. Once the bell goes for lunch, I jump out of my chair and rush out of the class. I decide that I'll eat lunch in the library. The only quiet place in the whole school.

I pull out my spinach dip and pumpernickel bread when an ear splitting alarm sounds, making me jump. I scramble around, stuffing my lunch back in my bag, so I can get out of the school.

"Code black! Code black! All students are required to leave the building and return home immediately! This is not a drill! Pack Oakwood and Pack Gritted are in combat. Return home immediately taking Route thirteen!" The voice in the P.A. System announces.

"Route thirteen, Route thirteen? Um, that's East. East exit of the school." I whisper to myself before I bolt out of the library. The halls are empty on this side of the school. Maybe because the cafeteria is west of the school, so I'm ahead of everyone else.

I rush ahead and push the old doors open. They creak and groan. It takes all my efforts to push the doors open. It's been 15 years since the door was last opened. I readjust my knapsack and continue to walk the worn down East side path. I kick a small rock and groan. Everybody but myself, has found their mates. I grumble and groan under my breath as I walk the crumbling back way path to the main Pack House.

After about a good, solemn 15 minutes of pure silence, minus the sound of skidding rocks and pebbles that scatter due to my dragging feet, the clouds overhead start to darken and threaten to rain. A bit of spitting rain begins as futile thoughts fill my head. I can't understand why I haven't met my mate. I'm the Alpha's daughter!