Stuck with Him

"Ready? Don't forget you enter first and we go in through the back door so we can go down the grand stairs. Okay?" I ask. Aura nods.

"I think he's gonna be there!" She giggles.

"Your mate?" I ask dreadfully, she nods and giggles more. "Is he in our pack?" I ask again, she smiles and nods like a lunatic. I sigh and roll my eyes. Great, so while I'm sulking because I haven't met my mate yet, I need to plaster a fake smile on my face and nod. Not to mention I also have to introduce myself and answer hundreds of questions from the Bloodstone Pack.

We reach the Pack House in five minutes and Aura opens the door for me. Which is custom that the Beta does for the Alpha, just like every ceremony. I smile and nod as a thank you. We walk together through the dark hallway and walk up the stairs and meet my dad, the Alpha.

"Good, you girls are here. The Bloodstone Pack Alpha has just arrived along with the other respected members of his pack. I believe he only brought fifty or so members but it's still a very large group. Okay, so here's the plan." My dad takes a breath.

"We're ready." Aura says. My dad nods but continues anyway.

"Charles will go first, with his wife. Then Aura, your parents go down, then you. Your brothers will go down next with your mother and I, then you because you will become Alpha on my birthday." He says. Aura and I nod taking it all in. My dad scratches his chin, thinking, then looks at us. "Oh! That's what I forgot! Girls, You look wonderful. And Aura! I heard your mate is in our pack! Congratulations!" He smiles, Aura nods and grins.

I look away and start to wander off to the balcony overlooking the main room, which is where the grand staircases leads to. Which is where all the guests should be seated. It's filled up with all of my pack and with people I don't recognize. I'm assuming that it's the Bloodstone Pack. My nerves are shaken, but I flatten out my dress, smoothing out the wrinkles. I make a note to myself to visit Artemis's Arrows again.  I hear my name being called but it's hard to concentrate, there's a delicious smell wafting in the air.

A hand grabs my shoulder and forces me to turn around.

"What the hell Storm? I was calling your name for a minute! Are you feeling alright?" Aura asks with concern filling her eyes.

"There's this scent, it-it smells like pine, and salty ocean air and cotton candy and just it's like ambrosia. All separate scents, I can smell them individually, but they're all intertwined. And there's a hint the blue cookies that my mom makes every year on August 18th, for Percy Jacksons birthday. It-it's addictive. You smell it too, right?" I turn to ask Aura, but she shakes her head no.

"C'mon, the ceremony is starting." She grabs my wrist and drags me to the right side of the grand staircase, as the ceremony begins.

Charles' wife wears a stunning purple dress, that sparkles as she makes her way down the right staircase as Charles -who is our Gamma, in case you didn't know-, makes his way down the left staircase. They meet in the middle at the bottom of the stairs and Charles bows and Katherine curtseys. The crowd claps. And Aura's dad goes down the left side, Aura's mom goes down the right side. They meet in the middle and now and curtsey. Then Aura walks elegantly down the stairs and walks to the middle, she curtseys and the crowd breaks into an applause. That always happens, everyone is mesmerized by her beauty, I am too, sometimes.

It's now my parents turn, along with my brothers. My mom and Steven, my youngest brother, go down the right side stairs, and my dad and Sammy, go down the left side. They meet in the middle, and they now and curtsey, and the crowd bows respectfully to the Alpha and his family, then everyone claps. Now it's my turn. I fix my hair, smooth the wrinkles out of my dress and continue down the steps.