Untitled Part 10

I wake up the next morning to all the curtains open. Although the curtains are open, I can't see anything outside. A blanket of white covers everything, even most of the window. I roll over on my side to see Shadow sleeping beside me. I thought he had to get up early. I slowly sit up making sure I'm careful not to wake him up. I quietly scoot off of the bed. My eyes are drawn to the flashing alarm clock. 12:00 it continuously flashes. 

"Power outage, seriously?" I whisper. 

Grimmview Valley is a very small town, only the people who live in it, know about it. It's sorta a kind of  ghost town I guess. Like Silent Hill.

Because of my wandering mind I fall off the bed and hit the floor with a thud. I groan and quickly stand up. 
I turn to check to make sure Shadow is still asleep,  which he is. I walk over to the closet and check to see if my clothes are there,  of course they're not. I hadn't unpacked yet.

I grab a black sweater off the hanger and slip it on,  its warm and fuzzy and smells like him. Him. I want to take it off but I want to get out of the house more. I slip on my discarded leggings from the floor and pull on my converse,  while quietly slipping through the door. The hall is eerily empty and quiet.

I walk down the hall and tiptoe down the stairs. I don't know how to get out so I wonder for a few minutes until I find myself at he front door. The doors are large but light. I unlock them and step outside shutting it behind me.

I close my eyes,  breathing in the chilled air. It's Tuesday. I should be in school. But I don't know where I am or even what time it is. But I know I can run. The cold air will clear my mind and I need to talk to Aura. I break into a light jog,  taking long strides as my converse crunch the thin frozen layer if ice on the ground.