Vacation

Jayla, Cordell, and Jayda on top
Melena, Kelly, and Cari middle
Ashley, Kyron, and Jordyn on bottom in case y'all forgot what she looked like

~ Cari ~

"I know Gia, I'd just feel more comfortable with you coming is all," I said holding the phone between my ear and shoulder as I lugged my big suitcase out the uber as well as Kelly did.

"Alrighty. I'll be on the next flight." she assured.

"Thanks sis, see you later." I smiled like she could see me and hung up.

It's the day after Christmas and we've had this trip to Cancun set for months, to celebrate Kelly's birthday because during his actual birthday the kids had school and there was too much going on at the time.

And to also keep our minds, mostly Kyron's, off it being around the anniversary of Jordyn's death.

The five and a half hour flight felt like it went by quick since I was sleep the entire time and once we touched down to our resort in Mexico it was a little after one.

"Kyron," I sang pulling him into a warm hug.

He smiled embracing me back and it slowly fell as we pulled apart.

His face had aged so much from stress and he hadn't been his usual goofy self since. Not once had I heard him crack a joke or say anything unnecessary. Its like his whole soul and spirit left with Jordyn.

"How's Amari and Alaina?" I asked.

"They're good they're good." He nodded.

"Babe, we have to get ready for the spa," Ashley grabbed his arm.

I gave her a mug before rolling my eyes and walking off towards the room Kelly and I were staying in.

It just pissed me off seeing this hoe that looked exactly like my best friend but the fact that she's really gone and I can't even talk to her about all the shit going on.

But I know Kyron only brung her so he wouldn't have to be on this vacation alone. He'd gone so far as to quit basketball which he felt to be right so he could really be there for his daughters, and doesn't get out much.

"Barely talking to me isn't doing anything babe," I simpered, looking up to him as my hands held the sides of his torso. "Let's just try to have a good vacation."

"I know, get ready. We supposed to be at the spa in fifteen minutes."

"Okay and you're gonna set all this up when?" I asked about Karma's 8th birthday party.

"New Years day. Ion want all that stuff in the way during the party." he lifted and dropped his shoulders and I nodded in agreement.

"Anything you wanna share with us Cari?" Ashley asked.

Cordell and Jayla sat across from each other, and Kyron and Ashley sat next to each other in the big mud bath, as well as Kelly and I but Kelly's back was against the wall of the tub as I sat in his lap, facing him.

"No. I was just talking about my oldest daughters birthday party." I mumbled, turning my attention back to Kelly.

"Hmm. What're you doing for it?"

"It's really none of your concern to be honest," I shrugged with a smile.

"Being rude to me as if I didn't eat your pussy over a year ago," she said under her breath, earning a laugh from Jayla.