Turning Against Me

Vote and comment!

~ Cari ~

Kelly had left his phone and I hesitated, staring at it like it was an exotic animal before finally deciding to open it.

I tapped in my birthday and the phone vibrated to let me know the passcode was incorrect.

I tried Karma's, first born and Kannon's, first son and neither of those worked either.

I tried Kash's birthday and the phone zoomed to the home screen and I noticed it was a message from our service provider but clearly the number was saved as the contact name because our service provider wouldn't say

:So when's the next time I'll see you?

I closed my eyes, as my heart began to race and knew what I was about to do but had to be careful about what I said.

:Now

: Really?👀 Cari must not be about to come back for a while.

I fumed at the fact this bitch knew my name and wanted to cuss her out but remembered I had to keep my composure.

:Yup. You remember where I stay?

I took a wild guess that maybe she'd been here and saw the chat bubble come up but go back down, making me think I might've gave it away it wasn't him.

: Sure do. Be there in ten

:Come upstairs to my bedroom, I'll leave the doors unlocked

I ran down the stairs and unlocked the front door and came back up here, cracking the bedroom door. tossed his phone on the bed and sat down. The room was spinning, I was thinking so hard and the anticipation of who was gonna walk through that door was nerve racking.

If it was some random bitch, I'm sure she'd probably just run out but what made me more anxious is the possibility I knew her.

She didn't refer to me as his wife, she referred to me with my first name.

The sound of the front door closing stopped my thoughts and hearing their footsteps come up the stairs, my heart beat harder and harder the closer they got.

I felt like I was in a movie when I saw who came through that door. My heart jumped into my throat as I stood up and she looked as if she was about to run out of here.

"You really thought I wouldn't find out?"

"Cari..." she said trying to use that same fake concerned tone she always used with me.

"It's the fact that I told you he was cheating in confidence and it was you!"

"I'm sorr-"

"Fuck your sorry! You acted as if I was in the wrong for the whole Cordell situation and it was you. I confided in you!"

"It's-"

I reacted on pure thought and before she could finish whatever she was gonna say I sent a punch to her nose.

"Cari! You can't be-"