Over

💓QUAVO fanfic: SAME GIRL, out now. Go support!💓

~ Cari ~

It'd been a week and Cordell and I had both had  been too busy with other little things but today was the day we'd try to figure out who planted that camera there.

"We have to be fast, I have to meet Kelly at the counseling office at 3:30." I told Cordell as he sat back with his left arm extended, driving.

The state law said we have to go through counseling before divorcing so we set up the appointments to get it over with.

We had two sessions last week and today was our third session. It was already 2:30 but this shouldn't take long.

"Gotcha," he mumbled pulling into the hotel parking lot.

We walked into the hotel and to the front desk and I smiled.

"Hello Mr. Sanchez. You remember me?" I smiled at Nick's dad who was the manager here.

"That I do Cari. What can I help you with?"

"A week ago today, someone planted a camera in my room, invading my privacy and I wanted to see the cameras from that night to see if I could see who did it?"

"I can't do that. I-"

"It's either us or get the police involved and you or us don't wanna go through a case right now." 'Dell told him.

"Please? We don't have bad intent, we just wanna see who set the camera there."

He looked between the both of us and came around the desk and began walking to the back, looking through his key ring.

"Well I can assure you we're very top knotch. It'd have to have been an inside job." he unlocked a brown door and we looked at the big flatscreen that had angles of any entry or exit and every floor.

"Where'd you stay?"

"On floor 17." I said

He began typing on the keyboard and only the 17th floor was on the screen, and as he continued the view of the entrance popped up, then the view of the front desk.

"Start at around 8 and just fast forward." 'Dell instructed.

I crossed my arms as we waited about five minutes and nothing was showing up. A few more minutes went by and it'd gotten to the point where Kelly had even came in.

I looked at my watch that read 2:53 and realized I had to go.

"Thanks anyway Mr. Sanchez." I said, looking over a chart that held all the employees names and none rang a bell.

"No problem. I heard what happened and tell you what, just for your trouble, your next room on me." he smiled and patted my back.

"Thanks! It'll probably be soon." I laughed, following Cordell out the door and to his car.

"Waste of damn time." he mumbled, shifting the gear.