Epilogue

~ Cari ~

After everything I've done, everything I've had done to me, it took me twenty seven years to feel like I finally have my life together.

In the past almost year I had to fight in court on two separate occasions.

To beat a murder case, with the assistance of Jacqueline and her brother clearing the phone records, and the evidence of her and Kelly's affair, I won.

For divorce and custody. The divorce, especially with the affair was easy, but custody with the other case was hard. Luckily Jacqueline managed to get me full custody.

However Kelly was glad I'm not spiteful. He was free to visit the kid's whenever he wanted to.

"Merry Christmas," Kelly smiled, holding a bunch of gift bags.

"Merry Christmas." I said, letting him in and closing the door behind him.

He gave me a hug, and we embraced each other for a while. Times like this, it was hard but we came to the conclusion we're better as friends and parents.

"Is that daddy?" Kaelan peeked around the corner.

"Your one and only." he chuckled, walking towards the living room.

Since we just moved in a month ago, it didn't feel too homey, but we were getting used to it.

I walked in behind him as the kid's attacked him with love and sat in John's lap.

We'd been taking things slow for the past year and made it official after my birthday.

I was ready to love again and so was he after both our divorces and the kids seemed to like him a lot.

I went back to work. I work at a different hospital with 9-5 hours so I work while the kid's are at school and daycare and I'm able to be with them after.

For the past almost ten years I probably haven't done parenting right, but I feel like now I'm starting to.

• Kelly •

In the past year, I'd lost everything.

My wife, my kids, myself.

After Evyn's death, everything really hit the fan. I didn't think Cari killed her in self defense but doubted she'd do it on purpose so I just never mentioned it.

"Thank you sooo much!" Karma hugged me after seeing I got her a drone she begged for.

The divorce went by after six months and thankfully she let me see the kids anytime I want.

It hurt to see her move on, which strangely is something I still haven't done, but I wanted her to be happy and he seems to make her happy.

We'd been through heaven and we'd been through hell, and eventually love just wasn't enough to stay together anymore.

I looked over at Cari who was helping Kannon and Kash set up their racetrack and she looked up, making our eyes meet and us both smile.

I hate that I couldn't get my wife back, but one thing I had gotten back, was my best friend.

~~~~
Sad saying bye to this series, but it was time

~~~~Sad saying bye to this series, but it was time