Chapter 5: Leaving it all behind

Heartbreak. The by far one of the worst emotional pains to have to go through in anyone life. Imagine yourself a bug and a person coming along and picking you up just to squash you under the force of their fingers, so that when their fingers part not a single piece of you is where it should be. That's how I felt.

They say time heals a broken heart. For me time deepens the pain and makes me remember what they did when I try to forget.

***

Another knock. Another day.

I turn my phone on, noticing I have forty-eight missed calls from Ruby and over a hundred texts from her.

"Go away!" I shout at the door when another knock sounds.

"Bella, you've been cooped up in there for three days! This is ridiculous! Stop taking pity on yourself," Ruby yells through the door.

I can tell she's annoyed with me. She hardly ever yells in an angry manner and when she does it means she's beyond pissed.

I really hate it when she's like this, it makes staying in bed and drowning in my sorrows so much harder.

I throw the covers off myself and slip me legs to the side of the bed so that I am now sitting. I run a hand through my knotted and tangled hair. I push myself up and make my wake weakly to my dresser.

I pull out a pair of black tights and a light blue dress. Also grabbing fresh underwear before making my way to my bathroom. I strip out my sweats and that's when the stench hits me. I didn't think I smelt this bad. The idea of smelling like this appals me, I hate walking past people in the shopping centre that smell like this. As I step into the steam and hot water of the shower, I let the water immerse my head and wash my sorrow and pity away.

After what felt like an eternity of washing my hair and scrubbing ever last inch of my body, I walk out into the kitchen to find Ruby cooking. Whatever it was it smelt amazing.

"Oh my god Ruby. What is that?" I ask.

Her hair flicks around her shoulder as she turns her head, "well good morning sleeping beauty."

I roll my eyes.

"This here is what we call a chicken curry," She says pleased with herself.

"Curry for breakfast?"

Ruby shakes her head, "I'm not going to be here tonight, I'm going to go to a party so I thought I better cook something for you."

Okay, so I know you're probably thinking that I can't cook but that is wrong. I can cook but just not as well as Ruby can. We made an agreement that when we moved in together I would let her cook and I would do most of the other shit.

"Can I come?" I ask seeking permission.

She eyes me, "Of course."

***

Eight outfit changes later and we're finally ready.

"Let's do this," I grab Ruby's hand and lock the door behind us.

As we arrive to the party which was only a short ten-minute drive, it was in full swing.

Upon entering the house, the clacking of Ruby's heels has already caught the attention of more than a dozen guys. Tonight I decided to play it safe, with a tank top tucked into a pair of my dark wash high-waisted jeans and a pair of my trusty combat boots.

"Where the drinks at?" Ruby asks a guy as we past.

He points towards the sliding doors that I guess lead to the backyard.

After manoeuvring ourselves through a sweat fest we reach the backyard and set our sights on the table holding the drinks.

"A vodka for my lady," Ruby hands me the red solo cup.

I take a sip, feeling the burn as it slides down my throat.

This is what I needed after seeing HIS face. Ruby and I haven't spoken about it since the day it happened, which I am grateful for.

Tonight is a night to forget and move on once and for all.

Time to leave the past behind.

***

"Bella?" A voice asks.

I turn on my heel and I'm immediately met by deep brown eyes and a muscular tall figure.

"Trent, what are you doing here?"

Stupid question Bella, why do you think he is here?

"Well, now that wasn't really a stupid question. But I'm intrigued why do you think I'm here?"

Just then it hit me that I had just said that all out loud. Fuck my life.

"If you insist," He winks.

Fuck.

"Well why else would an attractive guy like yourself be at a party?" I pretend to think.

"Oh I got it, maybe it's to get drunk than to get laid!" I say in my over exaggerated happy voice.

He frowns, "Not tonight princess I'm designated driver but interesting analogy seeing you're the only girl I've slept with whilst being at university."

He whispers the last part which makes my breath hitch.

"Your secret it safe with me," I nudge him.

Before I have time to register what he is doing, he grabs my hand and leads me through the crowd to a quiet spot outside.

"What brings you here tonight?" He asks.

"My ex," I take a mouth full of my vodka.

"Oh..." His voice laced with understanding, "One of those nights."

I nod my head, wanting to forget every moment Christian and I shared. Every memory we made and most importantly I wanted to forget him.

"Hey, it's okay princess," Trent pulls me in to him, wrapping an arm around me.

"I want to forget," I whisper into his shirt.

"Then forget him."

And with that being said Trent crashed our lips together. Our mouths were moving perfectly in sync, the kiss laced with passion and desire and longing. My hands rake through his hair as he brings me so that I'm straddling him. I break this kiss to take a breath. As I do I feel his lips move towards my neck and his hands cup my ass. I let out a soft moan as he hits my sweet spot on my neck, instantly turning me on.

"We should go somewhere," I breathe.

He nods, finding my lips one last time before I hop off him and he drags me to his car.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"My place," His voice laced with lust.

I quickly send Ruby a message telling her not to worry about me and that I was going to Trent's place. I almost instantly got a reply: Don't have too much fun ;)

***

We arrived at an apartment complex on campus and he leads me to his room making sure to quickly open the door. After chucking his wallet, keys and phone on the kitchen table, he leads me down the hallway to what I assume was his bedroom.

As soon as we entered his lips found mine. He is addicting. I needed him. I needed this.

Soon clothes where every which way, underwear strewn across the floor and I was in his arms with his body perfectly conforming to mine.

A/N

Oh my god!!! Sorry it's been like forever!!! School has been hectic with assignments and work has been increasing my hours so I haven't really been able to find the time to write. In chapter 4 I noticed my mistake of calling Bella, Liv. I have since fixed that! Sorry!!

Anyways I hope you enjoy this chapter, tell me your thoughts on her new found relationship with Trent?

Much love as always, Kate xx