t w o

It was his voice. I could hear how tiresome and yet how laid back his voice was. I could hear the deepness of his voice, smooth yet rigid at the same time and soon I could feel myself starting to become curious about who he really is. 

"Caught you red-handed." He told me with a simple chuckle.

I swear I felt my heart float a little when I heard his chuckle. 

I stayed quiet though, knowing  that if I even talked, I would most likely  make a fool out of myself and in the end make him think I'm some weirdo.

"So you're the girl whose been sneaking glances at me, hmm?" He asks. I can hear the sound of his footsteps circling around me like I'm some prey. 

I stared straight down at the ground and stayed pitch quiet while he circled around me.

"How long have you been doing this?" He asks me, when I heard his feet come to a halt. Soon I can feel his breath start brushing against my ear. Which leaves a shiver to run down my spine, while the rest of my body is freaking out. My body was starting to heat up with nervousness, my cheeks were burning, my stomach was twisting into knots, my heart was floating, my head was becoming light headed. I felt just so nervous.

"You don't talk really much. Do you?" He laughed. I bit my lip attempting to not speak to him.  

"Don't want to talk to me. Okay." He says and I hear him sigh, when slowly he reaches to my ear and runs a shiver down my spine. I quickly shake my shoulder, and soon hear his voice talking more.

"Well, since I caught you red-handed. How about you just tell me your name, and I'll tell you mine?"

I started to whisper my name out, and he soon came closer.

"What was that? I couldn't hear you." He jokingly responses. 

My face burning brighter, I look up at him and blurt out.

"Bree."

He looks a little bit surprised when he sees how confident I looked, soon feeling overcome with fear I quickly look back down to the ground and start fidgeting with my hair.

"Bree?" He says it as if he was reciting the Bible. 

I nodded my head.

"Bree's a pretty name." He responses, I look up and see a friendly smile on his face. 

"Well I'm E-"

I quickly respond for him. 

"Ethan."

He looks at me with a little surprised, and soon it fades away when I hear him chuckling.

"That's right. I'm Ethan. And you're Bree. Ethan and Bree." He says in a tender voice.

My insides melt when I heard him put our names together. 

"Well I have to go to class now, see you around Bree." He says to me before I see him go off into class.

I look at him when he disappears into his classroom and soon head off to my classroom, with a bright smile and joy filled inside of my soul.

Today I just went to Heaven and came back bless. I think today's going to be a good day.

As I entered into the classroom, I could hear the students chattering about the latest gossip, rumours while the guys were talking about who they were dating, who won the football game, who won the basketball game, who won the hockey game, swimming team, and then they all came back to gossiping.

Slowly finding my way to the back of the classroom, I sit down in an empty seat and soon find the teacher entering into the class a few minutes later.

"Hello class." She says in a dull tone. The class responds with "Hello teach." She sighs and gets a black point marker and starts writing the lesson we're going to learn. "Today you will learn about the Health Care Act, and start taking notes on it and writing your opinion on it. I would like this done by the end of class tomorrow." We all nod our heads, as she sits down and puts on her earbuds and listening to her music. The rest of the class start messing around, while I'm starting to do the class assignment.

A few people come pass me and start calling me a goody two shoes, a loser, a freak, an overachiever, and a few other words. But I just ignore them all as I finish my work, and start putting my assignment away when I get out my notebook.

I look at the plain white paper and start writing something.

your eyes are like the a meadow

blossoming into something beautiful

i wonder who makes you smile

what makes you smile

what your story is

what i can't know 

you are a different meadow

while i am the trees, slowly shying away

you are the meadow, swaying and having critters come to you

i sway against the beat

yet you just have everyone

you are social

i am shy

we are two different beings

I look at my work of piece and sigh in frustration. It didn't sound right, or even expressed my feelings for him. It wasn't right at all. Putting my head down, I stare into the darkness and stay silent when I hear the bell ring, meaning lunch is next. Slowly getting up, I grab my bag and notebook and head over to the teachers desk. Placing my homework on the desk, she looks at it and flashes me a smile before I leave.

My mind starting to go insane with questions, I soon see him with his friends. I stare at them, and soon feel burdned.

They look so happy.

Why can't I be that happy?

Why can't he have me?

Sighing in exhaustion I see a girl come over to him and soon a kiss is planted onto his lips. My heart crushing, as I feel my eyes widening in shock. I quickly turn around and start dashing outside. 

He had somebody.

He had a lover.

He was in love.

They kissed.

As I sat underneath the oak tree, I could feel my heart aching in pain. Trying to calm myself, I start humming to a song I remember when suddenly I start feeling something run off my cheeks. Wiping my cheek I find tears, I look at my knees which were splattered around with tear drops. I choke back my feelings, and soon start bursting into tears. 

I  start crying harder and harder, and screaming out into pain not even caring how I look or what people think.

Why did he talk to me?

Why did he do this to me?

Why can't he notice me?

Why can't he love me instead of her?

Why aren't I special enough for him?

I continued crying louder not even noticing that somebody was right in front of me, soon a pair of large arms picked me up and hugged my tightly. I didn't even care to figure out who it was, all I wanted was to cry my insides out. Continuing crying and screaming into the person's chest, I heard their voice.

"Shhh. It'll be alright." The voice responded, and after a few minutes of crying I realized who it was. 

It was him.