t e n

They would usually annually announce the people who passed away, their names would be printed in bold letters, while their age and then a brief description was in printed with how they passed away. They would be in a big blue outline of a box, and their picture would be placed inside of it.

My eyes landed on the person who I was searching for.

"Ethan Anderson, age 17. Death: Committed suicide."

I shook my head, and wanted to know what day it was. My question was answered on the next slide, they had a brief interview with the parent who would tell them when and where; and what time it was at.

"What happened Mrs.Anderson?" They would ask her.

"He came home on Feberuary 11th, his eyes were bloodshot, his hair was a mess. His fingernails were all chipped, and I know my son pretty well. He had this horrible habitat of chewing his nails, whenever something bad happened."

"Alright, may you please go into details?"

"Alright. I was making dinner, and asked him if he wanted anything but instead he just left and went into his room. The next few minutes I heard the song 'The Ghost of You' playing and then I heard a different song play called 'I Miss You'. I thougt well that he wasn't used to not being with Kim, but then it got all quiet when I didn't hear anything in his room."

"I decided to go upstairs to check on him, and when I opened the door.... He was on the ground, dead. His body so lifeless. His eyes were rolled back, and there was a puddle of blood surrounding him! I didn't know what to do. I tried to wake him up, thinking this was just a prank but he didn't wake up. Right next to him was a gun, and then there was a letter."

By now I was already bursting into tears, choking on air, and then my eyes blinked when I heard the word letter. I look up and find Ethan's mother holding a letter out, and it had the words escripted into it 'Bree'. I could feel my insides bursting out, and my heart sinking.

"Bree, I don't know who you are. But if you can, please I want you to listen." She says in a very calming tone, even though I can see she's already crying.

I blink back a few tears, and stay quiet as I wait for her to continue.