Chapter 5

A/N: I will try to update as often as I can. Since this is my first story, please be patient. As always comments are welcome, good or bad. Again, Thank You for reading my story.

______________________________       

  Back aboard the cruiser Cory started learning about the Ruchkitay. He found that they were a cross between insect and reptile. Being winged they could fly, although their weight made them slow and awkward, as well. Long-necked with a mouth full of needle sharp teeth, long thin bug type legs with claws that allowed them to climb vertical surfaces and walk on a ceiling. However, since they were the size of a large horse they were a formidable foe, fast, vicious and left no enemy uneaten. They laid eggs like a reptile in the quantities of a roach and just about as often. That was why they wanted to kill every other species. They wanted to fill the universe with only their kind. It was also the reason they needed to be beaten back to their own world

    As Cory learned about the enemy he also learned about many of the other lifeforms in the coalition of races that made up the armies. Many of them weren't aboard the cruiser but on different worlds fighting for the right to exist. So far it was not going well for the coalition.                                       Cory was also being trained to use the weapons of many races from simple edged weapons through energy based rifle and pistol like guns.

  "Are they able to protect themselves from these types of weapons ?" Cory asked during one of his training sessions.

  "Some have a shield type of armour that allows them to be unaffected by our weapons, but not all can manage to operate it." Krystal explained "However, there are many who are immune to them to begin with so killing them is extremely hard."

   "How about my worlds projectile types of weapons?" Cory asked.

  "What do you mean?" Krystal inquired

  "Well, how about bullets or arrows?" He asked.

  "What are those? She replied with a confused expression.

   Cory tried to explain about the weapons of Earth but couldn't get through about gunpowder and how to mix the ingredients properly enough so he suggested another trip back to Earth. They brought the plan to T'ilvesh for approval.

   "I have an idea." Cory started "You want weapons that might work against the Ruchkitay, right?"

   The Commander nodded in response.

   "We have an information network called the internet. Using computers to access it from a library we could download the information for the weapons of Earth including how to manufacture them yourself. This way you get what you need without causing a panicked population to deal with."

    "I see where this might help." the commander said "If you think it will be to our advantage, go ahead. Here is a data storage device."

  T'ilvesh handed a small disc to Krystal.

   "Go now. Be back quickly but be careful." The Commander ordered.

   "Thank you, Sir" they replied in unison, saluting then rushing out to their quarters to change into Earth clothing.

  They left the ship to head back to Earth and Cory was amazed at how fast the little fighter could travel. They had left the Solar system a day ago but in a little over four hours they were approaching the planet. They stopped on the other side of the moon to wait until nightfall in Cory's part of the country before landing undetected by anyone with orders to stay until dark the following night. Since Cory had not cashed his last check they would be able to roam after the mission was completed by going to the library and researching both guns and bows as well as bullets and arrows. Krystal was enthralled by the videos on the computers that showed the manufacturing of all components of the, to her, archaic weapons. She somehow downloaded all the information on every weapon known to mankind on the disc, as she watched with interest .