Chapter 10

Cory slowly opened his eyes and looked over at Krystal, who was still sleeping, and smiled as he remembered the previous evening. He found out that they were completely compatible physically, but more importantly they seemed to complete each other. It seemed as though he found the one thing he had searched for. A soulmate, the one thing he was missing in his life. Although he didn't want to say it and scare Krystal away, he knew he was in love with her. He would willingly give his life to protect her.

  Krystal opened her eyes and smiled at him.

  "That was incredible." She said as she stretched.

  "Yes, it was." Cory said emphatically, "But I want to ask you something, if you wouldn't mind."

  "Depends on the question." She replied.

  "When I first touched you I felt like an electric current went through me. Afterwards I couldn't get you out of my head. I felt like I wanted to be with you. Forever. Do you know what happened ?" Cory asked her.

  "You felt that? I did, too." Krystal said "For my people it signifies you found your life mate."

  "Life mate?" Cory said "I wouldn't mind if you're unattached. Actually, I'd like that very much."

  "I'm unattached as you put it." Krystal told him "I would like that, as well."

  "So what is the custom of your people when it comes to being married. Or pair bonding, lifemate declaring." Cory asked.

   "Just say so." Krystal replied "Introduce each other as your mate to everyone you meet."

  "That's it?" He said "No ceremony, no fancy dress, no party to announce?"

  "Only if you want." She replied "Nothing formal if that's what you mean."

"Nice, on my world it's a big deal. You need a religious leader, take vows of love. Be recognized as husband and wife." Cory informed her "I like your way better but if we settle on Earth we'll need to get married. My parents won't settle for less."

  "When we get back, I'll get married to you, if that's what you want." Krystal stated.

  "Until then, we'll do it your way." Cory said "It's much easier."

  "OK" She replied "We'll tell T'ilvesh after we clean up and eat."

  "Great !!" Cory said.

  They shared a quick shower and got dressed.  Walking hand in hand to the mess hall they drew the eyes of the crew members they passed in the corridor. When they got there they found Surni, Rufe and Hawk eating while talking about their duties as weapons instructors. Rufe glanced up and spotted the couple walking in.

  "Look who's here." Rufe said  "Wonder what's up with them?"

  "Hi guys," Cory said "We decided to become "lifemates"

  "That was quick." Hawk said as he stuffed his mouth full.

  "I'll say." Surni agreed "Unless..."

  "Unless what?" Rufe prodded around a mouthful of steak.

  "Well, Krystal's people have a built-in mate response when they meet their lifemate. A type of tell tale physical feeling, like an electric current that flows through their bodies." Surni elaborated "Did that happen to you?" She asked Krystal.

  "Yes, but it seems Cory felt it as well because he asked about it this morning." She answered.

  "It just made me curious." Cory stated "I never felt anything like it before. Although on my world I never felt like this with any woman I dated. There was never this kind of chemistry with any of them."