Lost in the Dark Dimension

INT: NATIONAL GALLERY

A guard runs through the National Gallery, chased by someone. Or something. He locks himself in a room and picks up a phone.

Guard: I've seen them. Help me. Oh god, help me! They're here! They're in the paintings! Aaaaaaaaaaah!

He vanishes from our world but appears in a painting, screaming.

THE DIMENSIONEER
"LOST IN THE DARK DIMENSION"

Danny Walters
Maisie Williams
Johnny Depp
Louise Jameson
Tom Hiddleston
Milanka Brooks
Tracey Nelson
Anthony Flanagan
Jewel
Rebecca Ferguson
Emer Kenny
William Ash

INT: TARDIS

The family are sat around the blackboard listening to Layton giving a lecture about dimensions.

Layton: A five-dimensional space is a space with five dimensions. If interpreted physically, that is one more than the usual three spatial dimensions and the fourth dimension of time in relativitistic physics. It is an abstraction which occurs frequently in mathematics, where it is a legitimate construct. In physics and mathematics a sequence of N numbers can be understood to represent a location in an N-dimensional space. Now us lot, we live in N-Space but of course, places like E-Space exist. But some people believe it's possible for some beings to live in other dimensions, unseen by us. Say, a two dimensional being. We live in a 3-5 dimensional world depending on who you ask. But we never see life from the second dimension.
Ashildr: What if these two dimensional beings crossed over into our world? I imagine they'd be pretty powerful, I mean... To switch between dimensions, that must take a hell of a lot of strength.
Layton: This is the trouble. Would they be friendly or not? Would they try to communicate with us? Or kill us?
Leela: And they'd be incredibly smart too. If humans can't comprehend their dimension and they can travel between ours and theirs willy nilly then they must be smart.
Layton: Oh, you bet. The smartest people in the universe.

Scannell and Riley enter holding a steaming metal crate with gloves and metal clamps. Layton claps his hands together and jumps down the stairs.

Layton: Ooh, great job!

Scannell and Riley lower the crate to the floor.

Scannell: Exactly what you asked for. It took a while to find it but it's the best of its kind.
Ashildr: What exactly is it?
Layton: It's a thing. Basically, each dimension has its own chemical structure that every element found inside them follows. This is an example of something you'd find in Earth's dimension.
Zsa Zsa: And you want me to analyse it, deconstruct it and figure out the chemical structure of other-dimensional sources?