Christmas Song

PREVIOUSLY

1: How did you bring us here?
Davros: I did no such thing.
Zsa Zsa: We saw the silhouette of a woman!
1: So did I. Well, a man.
1 and Zsa Zsa: The TARDIS has been possessed.
Ashildr: The hotel's been getting so popular recently.
Ionela: The dragon, the damaged teleporter, the failed plane engine.
Great Intelligence: Please. I'm not your master.
Lieutenant: Then... Who...?
Missy: I am.
Master: Me too
Police Officer: It's him. I can't believe it's him. He'll pay for what they did to me. They all will.
Missy: Oh yes they will...
1: Missy...
Leela: What do those words mean?
1: The end of the world.
David: David. Jenny. Layton. Rebekah. Rulldeth. And the other one.
Voice: The end is near. Two shall pay a price. Find me. Find me. Find me. Find me.
Master: There's a house in 2018. There's a device hidden inside. You find it, you save the world.
Ionela: IT'S A BOMB!
1: Zsa Zsa's still inside.
Zsa Zsa: Dad... Is it time?
1: We've only just begun. Hello.
Layton: Everyone... Take five!
Ashildr: Well then, here we go again.

NOW

A few months later, Christmas time.

INT: TARDIS GYM

Pavarotti's "Figaro" is playing. Layton is hung upside down on a metal bar, lifting himself up by his legs. Scannell enters.

Scannell: I've finished the new living space you asked for.
Layton: Nice, let me take a peek.

Layton lowers himself down and follows Scannell to the new room, where Zsa Zsa is waiting, her face in a state of disapproving confusion. Layton is disappointed when stepping inside.

Layton: Wrong.
Scannell: Wrong? What's wrong? I've done it exactly how you asked.
Zsa Zsa: It's the floor. It's not level.
Scannell: I can assure you that it is. See for yourself.

He lays a spirit level on the ground to prove that the floor is completely, undoubtedly flat.

Scannell: See? When the bubble is in the middle, it means it's fla-
Layton: Yes, I'm familiar with "the bubble", Orin, I'm also smart. Zsa Zsa, show him what true level is.
Zsa Zsa: On it, pops.

INT: TARDIS CONSOLE ROOM

Rulldeth: What is your big secret?
David: Nothing, just ignore it. I wasn't thinking straight after the explosion.
Rulldeth: Who is "the other one"?
David: It's nothing, just leave it.
Rulldeth: It's clearly not nothing otherwise you wouldn't have said it. So tell me.
David: What did I say, Rulldeth?
Rulldeth: It may have escaped your attention David, but I am actually part of this family. I think you all need to remember that every once in a while.

Rulldeth storms off, followed by Ashildr and Leela. Ionela simply stands a few feet away from David with a face that can only be read as "apologise".

David: I'm sorry. Okay? I'm sorry. I want to tell them, I really do. But mum and dad made me swear to secrecy. I can't break that promise. Nobody can know.
Ionela: I understand, but I'm really not the one you need to be apologising to. He's only concerned. We all are.

INT: TARDIS CORRIDOR

Ashildr: I really just wish they'd tell us.
Rulldeth: I know. We're family, we have a right to know. What could be so secret that they have to hide it from their own family?
Ashildr: Hold on. David listed your names. The children of the Doctor and River. Then he said "the other one".
Leela: I see where you're going with this...
Ashildr: What if you have another sibling?
Rulldeth: What? Surely we'd know, I mean... Let's go and ask.