Chapter 1 Beta Organization

Third person p.o.v.

The beta organization is a crazy organization, the workers were doing their job and some of the heroes were out doing their thing, others running around the bunker doing their own thing. Let's see who's in the organization now.

Dave's p.o.v.

Hi, I'm dave strider also known as birdboy. It's not as dumb as it sounds, rose actually came up with the name..... never mind, what I can do though is fly and hang onto stuff and climb upside down thanks to my robotic wings and feet claws. I'm practically one of the best heroes that ever lived. I actually just got back from sneaking out of the house. It's really hard trying to keep this secret from dirk, we may be brothers but I honestly don't want him to get hurt because of me being a superhero. It's hard on everyone to keep this secret from their family members but it's one thing we have to sacrifice to keep them safe.

Other than that, we have work to do, all of us. Some of the heroes were out right now which was the reason why it was quiet here. "Dave, I have a mission for you and john." "What is it aradia?" "You and john need to go check down on willow street, spiderette is back." Aradia said, damn it, I was really hoping I get the day off but this girl just never stops. "Ok, I'll go get egderp right now." I said and rushed off to find him, he probably rushed off to help tavros with the supplies again. I felt bad for the dude, he use to be a superhero but ever since this one mission with spiderette he hasn't been the same due to his disability, but he still wanted to help us so we gave him a role that he was happy with.

I walked in seeing john and tavros grabbing some old mechanics and throwing them away "spiral, we have a mission, come on!" I yelled, he said bye to tavros and we rushed off, I told him the details and we went to willow street seeing little miss trouble maker.

Jade's p.o.v.

Hello! I'm jade the mechanic, your probably wondering why I'm not a hero, mostly because I'm the only one who knows the most about technology then anyone else plus I'm more useful like this then some random superhero. I'm actually working on a machine that abstracts powerful evil spirits from people's body's and..... never mind, I probably shouldn't be talking about this, I might tear up again.

"Hey jade."

"Oh, hey kanaya! How are you?"

"I'm fine dear, how are you?"

"I'm doing great, just working on the machine... again. I hope this time it doesn't explode like last time."

"Heh same..." kanaya said sadly, she has been down for the past months ever since we lost rose. Oh! Don't worry she's not dead! It's just that she's trap! But she's not trapped. Ugh, it's hard to explain. It's more like she's.... possessed? Idk it's hard to explain what happened, I don't even know how it happened but all I do know is that if this machine works then we can get her back, I hope. I grabbed the machine and placed it on the ground next to a small black and purple orb that contains only a small amount of evilness in it. My machine was a small cube with a remote control, I pressed a button on the remote and watched the cube shake. Kanaya and I hid behind one of the stable desks and watched the cube open, sucking in all the evil from the orb but it didn't stop, it suck in the orb a chair and a table that had some explosive test tubes on it. Then it immediately closed, shaking violently and exploded.

"NO! NO NO NO! I WAS SO CLOSE THIS TIME!!!" I yelled banging my head on the desk

"Jade it's ok, you'll do better on the next one." Kanaya said, hugging me tightly "I'm so sorry kanaya..." I said tearing up and hugging her back "it's ok Jade, practice makes perfect, we'll get rose back, I promise." She said and let me go. I wiped my tears and she left the lab, I knew she was sad that it didn't work but she's right. I just have to keep trying and we can get rose back. She will come back I just know it.

Aradia's p.o.v.

BOOM! What the? That must be jade again, I'm gonna guess one of her experiments failed again. That girl needs to be careful, I would check on her but I had saw kanaya enter and left the lab, before and after the boom so jade must be fine. I was busy at my job, making sure everything is organized, watching everyone on the monitors, literally I feel like a ghost sometimes with these monitors. But these are just for safety reasons.

While on the monitors I was checking out the whole city. But I scrolled over to the south side of town and saw two strange people in costumes. That's odd? It's not even Halloween, it's march! I tried to get a good view of the people but in one swift movement they disappeared. Are these new villains? No, that can't be. Unless their heroes, but we are the only hero organization... right?