Adventure Is Out There

Beep beep bee-

Amy groaned groggily as she lazily slapped a hand down onto her phone, fumbling to press the snooze button.

It's too early, Amy complained internally as she dared to glance at the time on her phone, the bright white light making her wince.

It was four in the morning.

She considered going back to sleep until she remembered why she was up in the first place.

Signe was waiting to be picked up at the airport since they were going to hang out for the weekend.

Amy hastily changed out of her black tank top and jeans she accidentally slept on last night and threw on a vibrant, medium length, multicolored floral dress with black flats before darting into the bathroom to do her makeup.

She had bags under her chocolate brown eyes due to lack of sleep, her shoulder length blonde hair tangled in various places and sticking up wildly in others.

She managed to somewhat tame her hair and put on a little eyeliner before she grabbed her car keys and a donut left over from yesterday before she jogged outside and clambered into her car. She paused for a moment to eat her breakfast before driving to the airport.

As soon as she arrived, she spotted her friend waiting outside with a mildly concerned expression as she fidgeted with the handle of her black suitcase. She was dressed in a light gray jumper that had boobs on it, as well as black pumps and black leggings.

Her light brown hair was curled barely above her shoulders and bounced slightly when she turned and spotted Amy walking towards her.

"Hey Amy!" Signe squealed excitedly as she dropped her suitcase and threw her arms around Amy, causing her to laugh and nearly fall over onto the concrete.

"Welcome to LA!" Amy smiled as she gestured around her.

"It's a lot warmer than Denmark." Signe remarked, tugging on the collar of her jumper.

"I mean it is summer." Amy shrugged apologetically.

"What first?" Signe asked eagerly, bouncing on the balls of her feet.

"There's some shops we can look at." Amy giggled at her friend.

"Cool, race you to the car!" Signe exclaimed, bolting to Amy's car with her suitcase bouncing behind her.

Amy rolled her eyes and chased after her, climbing into the driver seat a second before Signe jumped into he passenger seat.

"No fair, you probably cheated!" Signe folded her arms across her chest and pretended to pout.

"Don't be a sore loser." Amy told Signe as she started driving towards the row of shops that lined the street.

"Wow, the mannequins look like they're moving!" Signe remarked as she looked at a clothes store that had a set of mannequins on display. One dressed in a black suit raised its hand, the fingers lowering before a gunshot exploded out and hit the car.

"WHAT THE HELL?!?" Amy yelled, both of them screaming as the car swerved and ran into a lamp post.

"You okay?" Amy asked Signe shakily.

Signe only nodded in response, her hazel eyes wide with fear.

Amy ducked as another bullet flew and hit the window, causing the it to crack.

People around them were screaming as well as the somehow sentient white mannequins dressed in designer clothing began shouting at everything with the guns concealed in their hands.